Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

G8/Camaro short throw for V1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G8/Camaro short throw for V1?

My B&M shifter seems to be on its last leg as it has acquired some slop over the years. I was thinking of dropping my trans and retro fitting a Hurst 391-6030 - Hurst Competition shifter into the car as it is very similar to the design of the B&M im pretty much looking for a discussion if anyone thinks this would be a good route to go since we dont have many options. http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...602005+1010513
Old 04-15-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

How does the lever itself develop slop other than something being loose like the main bolt on the bottom. The linkage has bushings all over the place that could develop play in it. If you want a new level a modified stock lever is a good way to go because its cheap and goes the job. If you replaced the entire linkage system that would be the best bet to remove all slop. D3 has done this on their v1 competition car and Pratt and Miller would have had to do this on the speed challenge cts-v's when they went back to the stock T56 installed on its side for ground clearance.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im pretty sure someone has already do it. there is a thread on here about what needs to be modified to make it work
Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
im pretty sure someone has already do it. there is a thread on here about what needs to be modified to make it work
this. i have a hurst shifter in my garage waiting to go in... one day
Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Wuzzy
this. i have a hurst shifter in my garage waiting to go in... one day
NICE! the design is pretty much the same, it shouldnt be that hard to make it work, i bet with that hurst shifter the shifts will be amazing... when are you planning on messing with it ?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lilgcts-v
NICE! the design is pretty much the same, it shouldnt be that hard to make it work, i bet with that hurst shifter the shifts will be amazing... when are you planning on messing with it ?

i really dont expect it to be better than my pisnuoff shifter, i just want the hurst lever sticking out... if i remember right all you need is a spacer to fit at the base of the shifter (the camaro shifter is like 1/2" narrower) and you have to modify the metal cup that goes over the shift ball to retain it, the other guy took a piece of exhaust tube and welded it inside the stock metal cover to make it small enough for the camaro shifter. Search for the old post and you will see what he did.

I should actually get around to doing mine sooner than later, but it is hard to say. it seems like house projects have been adding up lately.

Quick Reply: G8/Camaro short throw for V1?