Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installing Bmr lowering springs, what else do I need besides new shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing Bmr lowering springs, what else do I need besides new shocks?

Ive read people just install them on stock shocks and call it a day, I also read you have to change a bunch of suspension components, so I just want to know if I install these with new shocks will I have a harsh ride?
Old 04-15-2013, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You don't "need" anything else, but if you want the car to actually drive well you need good shocks and an alignment. The factory shocks are **** poor brand new with just the stock springs, they are even worse when asking them to damp a higher rate spring with less travel. I guess some people are "ok" with it, but Id be willing to bet those people don't have anything to compare it to, so they don't know any better.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lower control arm relocation brackets are a good idea. corrects the geometry in the back. they actually make quite a big difference. it surprised me. it rides better.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You definitely want new upper mounts for the front. More than likely the originals won't come apart in one piece. Get Moog from Rock Auto or OEM.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you install lowering springs on stock shocks you ride quality will really suck. It is really important to get a good set of shocks for many reasons,especally ride quality.

Quick Reply: Installing Bmr lowering springs, what else do I need besides new shocks?