Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Autocross LS1 guys, i need opinions please!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Autocross LS1 guys, i need opinions please!!

Well i really want a new daily driver, and also want to start playing with the local autocross boys. I have a fast enough straightline car and am sick of getting hounded about going in straight lines, haha. I want to stick with the LS motor cars because i have endless parts and thats what im most familiar with. I would love a m3, or b5 a4/s4, but my knowledge is limited. So this is where im at with it. I have about 10G to spend on a car. Dont need it for winter driving as i am a tow truck driver so when snow falls i drive a truck. Here is what im debateing on.

1998-2002 C5
1999-2002 Camaro SS

Now i can pick up a higher mileage, or damaged c5 for around 10(im a body man as well so comsetic or mechanical is no problem). The car would have to remain mostly stock as my budget would be shot. Or i could find a camaro for around 5-6 grand in decent shape and put the rest toward chassis, brakes, tires, ect...

What do you guys think?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should buy a mustang. I heard that's what the cool people are doing these days.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:55 AM
Launching!

Our camaros at our autocross events are usually one of the quickest cars there, with struts, springs, sway bars, panhard bar/watts link, slicks, and engine mods. But there are c5 zo6s that have very similar if not better performance with just slicks. So i guess if you want to be the quickest possible id get a vette, but you can still be very competitive with an f body. Not to mention a properly set up f body with too much power is probably the funnest car to drive around a track.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

If you can afford it, go with a C5 Vette. Later, if you want to move to HPDE, or wheel to wheel road racing you will have the right platform.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

You will have more money tied up in an Fbody getting it to keep up with a Bone Stock C5Z than you can image. I only do it because thats what I started with, and the sataisfaction of saying that I'm faster than a Vette is worth it!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the help gents. I will look at more into the C5, and see what i can dig up.

Quick Reply: Autocross LS1 guys, i need opinions please!!