Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fast 95/95 with 92mm plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fast 95/95 with 92mm plate

can anyone confirm this will work? i have a ported fast out to 95mm, and a janzer 95mm TB.

heres my situation...

i already have a nitro dave's single nozzle wet kit.....did h/c/i...now upgrading the nitrous kit a little...i bought a used direct port kit off here, setup for a vic jr. i will have to drill/tap the intake, and bend all new lines, and id have to buy a bender/ 37 single flare tool (or send to nitro daves...) and im now thinking direct port may be overkill for my project....and dont have the money to do none of this...

thinking of trading for a 92mm plate (as a custom 95mm plate would be more expensive than direct port!!!)

anyone actually tried this? sounds unethical...but...just wanting to see whats out there...
Old 04-16-2013, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zacht
can anyone confirm this will work? i have a ported fast out to 95mm, and a janzer 95mm TB.

heres my situation...

i already have a nitro dave's single nozzle wet kit.....did h/c/i...now upgrading the nitrous kit a little...i bought a used direct port kit off here, setup for a vic jr. i will have to drill/tap the intake, and bend all new lines, and id have to buy a bender/ 37 single flare tool (or send to nitro daves...) and im now thinking direct port may be overkill for my project....and dont have the money to do none of this...

thinking of trading for a 92mm plate (as a custom 95mm plate would be more expensive than direct port!!!)

anyone actually tried this? sounds unethical...but...just wanting to see whats out there...
If the blade is 95mm odds are it will hit the nitrous plate.
How much are you looking to spray? I may have another option for you.
Dave
Old 04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
If the blade is 95mm odds are it will hit the nitrous plate.
How much are you looking to spray? I may have another option for you.
Dave
for now...100-150...

also...im guessing it would only be the top side of the blade that would possibly hit, as it goes in towards the intake....any possible adjusting or grinding to the top to not interfere? but also, the circular shape of the blade will also rotate in and away from the top....i agree that odds are it will hit....but im just wondering if by chance...

but what im thinking is trying to downgrade i guess, and trade my DP stuff for a plate, someone upgrades...i down grade...
Old 05-09-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok...i got a plate now. 90mm HSW.

now the question----i put it next to the 95mm TB...the TB WILL open in front of this plate...and it WILL seal most of the gasket....

run it with the 95mm TB? or get a cheap 90mm TB?

like i said im still running the stock MAF...i also have a 100mm MAF/ 104mm lid not on the car...put it on the dyno, gained NOTHING...just kept it stock for now....
Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I would sell yours for a 90mm tb to match your plate. Bc the plate would be a restriction anyways with it being smaller.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

hm...i may source a cheaper 90mm TB... i dont want to sell the TB i got...its a 95mm janzer with a red blade and has "black widow" engraved into it...with a spider...only one ive seen (not saying its a massive rarity).

any other opinions on this???
Old 06-11-2013, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah that sounds like a nice tb. Hmm sell plate for a nitrous outlet custom made one wich would flow better than the hsw anyways. Just mu .02
Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

man...see i had a dp setup...but was going to cost a lot and was overkill for what i was doing....so traded for this....

talked about a custom 95mm plate...it would be cheaper to go dp...which sucks...i may get a cheaper 90mm on here, try it out...

thinking the hsw (wish it was a daves) plate, will be better than a single nozzle...
Old 06-12-2013, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

I actually had a hsw 90mm plate before my nitrous outlet plate. Only thing I saw different was the initial hit of the nitrous on activation. Also, they say the nitrous outlet plate flows more nitrous. But the hsw flows in a complete circle pattern were there's is directly from the top angled into the intake. Either one would work just figured u wanted to know a comparison of the two.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

hm, thanks for in comparison info. yeah thats about all ive heard about the hsw is it hits hard....but jetting and such says it goes to 175-200 (iirc). preferance would be nitro dave's....and i feel bad for trading off their parts for hsw's...but i think itll work fine!

Quick Reply: fast 95/95 with 92mm plate