What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 T56 Formula

Old 04-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2000 T56 Formula

Hey guys, so I've been looking for a fairly cheap ls1 mostly because I don't have a lot of money and I stumbled across this ad on craigslist (http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/3738404694.html). So I saw the front end damaged and emailed him about if its just cosmetic or structural and to email me some more pictures of it. That being said, if it is only cosmetic would this be a good buy? or too many miles? All your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Saw that ad a few weeks ago also. Only reason i'm not interested is the hardtop since my last one was that.

I'd say fixed you would be looking at about $4-4500 worth, maybe 5k due to the 6 speed.

Passenger window motor about to go. Slowly goes up. - Believe a new window motor is approx $120 at autozone IIRC.

Check engine light on. [ took it to Firestone, they said it needs a new cat converter.] - Depends on what you want to do with this, lets say $200
Front hood, bumper, driver head light and pass fender banged up a little. - Comes with new fenders, but bumper and hood need work.

Repainting the car (May as well do the whole car to match right) - $400 (Maaco) - 1.5k
That's not counting the time to mess with the fenders and bodywork before paint on the hood/bumper

Selling the flowmasters for something better: ~$200

Also, him having it since 06 and looking at the resulting shape the car is in is a red flag to me that he just abused it and did not maintain it much.

I'd say its still worth a look, offer him $3300 and go up to 3450 or so and see if he bites. Its been for sale for awhile so I am sure he is itching to get rid of it.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Yeah, its been up for a while I've noticed. I'm just itching to get into a ls car. And the hardtop is a turn off because I have ttops on my 2000 v6 and love them. But I really want a 6 speed more then ttops. I think I will go look at it if he decides to respond to my email. I asked if the damage was just cosmetic or if maybe he rear ended someone or something, and asked for pictures. Just trying to make sure its nothing structural, because then there is no point. Thanks so much Jet49, I'm over in Edwardsville for school and I have a buddy who has a 99 SS over in St. Charles. Thanks for your input!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 T56 Formula