PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune Help, Importing correct tables?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Tune Help, Importing correct tables?

Long story short, I finally got my swap up and running. I am using HP Tuners to make adjustments.

I have a 2006 L33 (aluminum 5.3 HO for those of you who may not know), and I am running the motor with the stock PCM and harness from a 2001 Yukon XL with a regular 5.3.

So far, the only adjustments I have made as far as the engine tune was to import the high and low octane spark tables from a factory L33 Bin file, other then that....I am still operating on the stock 5.3 tune.

My question is....what tables do I need to swap to have the correct tune in the PCM? There are a lot of options and honestly it is a little intimidating. Where do I start and what do I need to swap to have a good base line for my engine to run?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't looked at a conversion like this, but I converted from 99 pcm to 2002, and I started by opening the 2002 tune and loading the 99 as a compare file. Then go into compare>view comparison log. This will bring up a list of differences, you can right click on anything an click "copy over differences" if you want to, or you can double click and look at the differences and go from there.

My opinion is you will want the air, fuel and spark tables from the 2006 H.O tune. But then you will have to scan and see how it likes it.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtie316
I haven't looked at a conversion like this, but I converted from 99 pcm to 2002, and I started by opening the 2002 tune and loading the 99 as a compare file. Then go into compare>view comparison log. This will bring up a list of differences, you can right click on anything an click "copy over differences" if you want to, or you can double click and look at the differences and go from there.

My opinion is you will want the air, fuel and spark tables from the 2006 H.O tune. But then you will have to scan and see how it likes it.
If I post my current tune and a stock L33 ....would anyone be willing to take a look and possibly swap some stuff?

I used the compare method....but there were quite a few differences....and I am not positive which tables to duplicate and which to leave alone?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:11 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are you comfortable using the scanner?

I've never made any conversions as you are doing, I'm thinking if you watched the LTFT & STFT's you quickly see if there fuel calibration issue's.

Quick Reply: Tune Help, Importing correct tables?