LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

custom headlights in a lt

Old 04-22-2013, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom headlights in a lt

Is there any headlight housing out of any newer car that will fit comfortably in the LTS headlight space without cutting the bumper cover... modifying the brackets and stuff isn't a problem I just don't wanna cut anything on the car itself
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

there isn't really anything out there, there is some hid kits you can buy, some people have modified truck heads and i believe one person even put newer ls style headlights in somehow.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This might of been a 3rd gen thing, but I think a popular swap is a Composite BMW headlight assy'. I personally don't think any other stuff looks good. GM did just fine IMO.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Change the front end to 98-02 and be done with it.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Launching!

i went with this, direct replacement, way way brighter than my orginals
http://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm
Old 04-22-2013, 12:31 PM

Yea I seen a few threads about the Ls style headlights with the LTS front end it looks decent but the guy didn't show after he got them installed... what a waste .. they did mention something about cutting the headlights though that's why I figured with all the makes and models there should be something other than those truck heads that fits snug in there.. I mean I can always custom the brackets to hold just looking for a more modern and unique look
Old 04-23-2013, 03:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DVS LT1
Those aftermarket lamp assemblies look almost identical to the aftermarket ones I purchased eons ago. Are the bulbs held in place by a round metal "C" shaped ring/clip? (I think I can almost make it out in the pics). Can you do me a favour and post a close up pic of your lamp - I'd really like to see what the inside reflective area looks like/how its contoured to reflect the light.

Good to know your aftermarket lamp assemblies are an improvement. When I swapped out my stock lamps for the aftermarket ones I bought, the light output was even WORSE than before. Car actually became quite dangerous to drive. The lights looked blinding bright to onlookers but there was zero concentration on the road. Another thing which didn't help is I used aftermarket halogen "xenon" aka blue coloured replacement bulbs and that temp was just way dimmer than the normal temp of a halogen light (which is closer to 2 or maybe 3k at the highest).

I've read that Philips made an xtreme halogen replacement bulb that was the absolute brightest and best halogen light bulb available anywhere. But again, little use if the actual lamp assembly you are using is spilling the light everywhere but the road :S
yea its held on with the metal clamp,yea sure i will snap a picture or two tomorrow before i head into work, my orginals were getting dangerous to drive, just rode around with my brights on just to see lol
Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

i have seen threads on how to swap in the sealed beam headlights of the 88-99 style chevy c/k trucks

here is one on page 5
http://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-...r-73404/page5/

there are links for write ups on that page on how to do the swap, but you could also probably google it
this is on my list of things to do
Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

You could skip the hack POS methods and do it right.
http://www.blackbirdlighting.com/camaro93-97.php

Or, hack away and throw light at every oncoming driver.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
You could skip the hack POS methods and do it right.
http://www.blackbirdlighting.com/camaro93-97.php

Or, hack away and throw light at every oncoming driver.
yet another shameless plug for some pricey headlights.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DVS LT1
Those aftermarket lamp assemblies look almost identical to the aftermarket ones I purchased eons ago. Are the bulbs held in place by a round metal "C" shaped ring/clip? (I think I can almost make it out in the pics). Can you do me a favour and post a close up pic of your lamp - I'd really like to see what the inside reflective area looks like/how its contoured to reflect the light.

Good to know your aftermarket lamp assemblies are an improvement. When I swapped out my stock lamps for the aftermarket ones I bought, the light output was even WORSE than before. Car actually became quite dangerous to drive. The lights looked blinding bright to onlookers but there was zero concentration on the road. Another thing which didn't help is I used aftermarket halogen "xenon" aka blue coloured replacement bulbs and that temp was just way dimmer than the normal temp of a halogen light (which is closer to 2 or maybe 3k at the highest).

I've read that Philips made an xtreme halogen replacement bulb that was the absolute brightest and best halogen light bulb available anywhere. But again, little use if the actual lamp assembly you are using is spilling the light everywhere but the road :S
took some pics for ya.

Originally Posted by lt1slowz28
yet another shameless plug for some pricey headlights.
^^ with this guy, def a ripoff, 1k for headlights haha
Old 04-23-2013, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Z28 camaro
Change the front end to 98-02 and be done with it.
No.....
LT1 front end all the way.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Teching In

he say tuner head lights , clean factory stock is whats up lol @ jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: custom headlights in a lt