Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

sqeaking from front suspension possibly lower control arm bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sqeaking from front suspension possibly lower control arm bushing?

I am noticing loud creaking and squeaking from front suspension at low speeds and while turning. I took my kw shock coil over's apart this weekend after a track day on Friday and couldn't pinpoint any movement so I buttoned it back up and still creaks at low speeds. I was looking through old tsb's and found this, has anybody done this disk install on their own or had the dealership perform it? Its a disc put between the washer and bushing to prevent metal on metal contact.

tsb 06-03-08-008B
part# 19150047
color pictures of install

http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/issu...ontentid=78487

I have read rumors that revshift or creative steel is/was looking at producing front control arm bushings. Anybody know if that was lower bushings and how close they might be on it?
Old 04-22-2013, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont have kws but with the gc ive had to lube up the contact point between the spring top hat and the rubber on the control arm . id look at that first. just shoot some lithium grease up there and go ballin around
Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I would also try disconnecting the sway bar end links to rule out the sway bar as the source of the noise.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

I can create the sound now by rocking either front fender several times so when I have some time will try out some of these ideas. I did recently install hotchkis sway bars so that could be putting more stress on things.

I did notice the rubber washer that goes right under the upper strut mount and above the bump stop was ripped on both sides when I pulled the kw struts out this weekend. Here is a picture of what they looked like. I replaced them with some rubber donuts from auto parts store until I can get some replacements from kw.

Edit: Called KW and they are sending replacement rubber parts.
Attached Thumbnails sqeaking from front suspension possibly lower control arm bushing?-20130420_153857.jpg  

Last edited by garrettg; 04-23-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Update
Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

My money is on your sway bar end links make sure they are tight.

Quick Reply: sqeaking from front suspension possibly lower control arm bushing?