Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1985 GMC K5 Jimmy - full size ( like blazer )

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1985 GMC K5 Jimmy - full size ( like blazer )

Year: 2015
Make: GMC
Model: Jimmy
Price: $3000
Mileage: 92000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TN
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

This is a truly awesome 1985 GMC Jimmy Sierra Classic , I do not want to sell it truth be told , but my family is pressuring me to get rid of one of my vehicles. So unfortunately Im having to sell this, fortunate for you though.

I bought this truck going on 4 years ago and its been an absolute beast of a truck - always gotten me where I wanted to go and never let me down. Ive spent a small fortune in upgrades for this truck so this is a definite chance for someone to pick up a super cool truck way under what its worth. People stop me n talk about my truck all the time , its a really nice truck with a lot of potential.

When I bought this truck it was basically stock - the previous owner had literally just put a new transmission in it - he said he used upgraded performance parts and a shift kit - you can tell when you drive it. He used it for a hunting camp truck so its got some light scratches from limbs ect..
its a v8 sbc/ overdrive trans 4 speed. 3.73 gears front and rear
black on tan
stock ride height
power windows
power brakes
power door locks
edelbrock 600 carb -100$
original hard top ( if you want it bring a friend and a trailer its heavy n big ) and custom made soft top convertible ( on now ) - cost right at 1000$
its got 16 x 8 Ultra aluminum rims with 33 12.50 16's on it - look awesome - never let me down - had about a 1000$ in these
pioneer cd player
3 10in subwoofers
2 6.5 speakers
2 3x5 speakers
2 tweeters
2 in dash speakers that were fixing to be replaced by kick panels - they are stock speakers and cant keep up with the rest
2 crossovers- about 600$ in the stereo to date
full size spare tire
full size brand new jack - 75$
4 way
4 core big block radiator
rhino lined the rear
all the guages , lights , accessories work
new windsheild wipers
tune up done last year - plugs , wires, cap - rotor button
trans fluid changed 2 years ago ( the trans only has about 15k on it since rebuild )
all the fluids were checked and topped off last year before hunting season - joints greased ect..
rear brakes fully overhauled 2 years ago - new pads- shoes - wheel cylinders - brake fluid bleed and replaced.
oh and i put 2 new power window motors in it last summer.
and the blower motor was just replaced as well.

Im sure Im forgetting some stuff , trucks not perfect - its an antique mind you - but its a good truck - it does puff some smoke when you first start it but what @200k sbc truck doesnt ? its got 93k on the clock and im pretty sure thats rolled over.

now for 3000$ ( FIRM ON PRICE ) thats what you get - everything mentioned above.Thats a hell of a deal - anyone in the market for one of these trucks can tell you that. These are getting harder to find - especially the Jimmys , and even more so the Sierra Classic models.
The upgrades alone cost more then that.

Now for some good stuff: for 750$ extra ( 3750$ total) I will throw in these parts to make this the absolute deal of a lifetime!
4 meaty buckshot wide mudders on 15 in rims balanced and ready to ride the trails in the time it takes you to change the tires - a ton of tread on these - yes these are 400$ a piece new - i cant rememebr what i had in the rims , but they were new
and aftermarket aluminum dual plane intake - picked up at super chevy last weekend - 45$
new aftermarket full length headers that I bead blasted and coated - bought from jegs for 150$
new 4 shocks good for stock to 3 inch raised - id planned on doing a 2 inch lift - 160$ autozone with my 20$ discount

thanks a bunch - oh and i have a ton more pictures too
Old 04-22-2013, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

pictures wont upload , just keeps going to a white screen ?

seems my camera is too high tech for ls1tech , the pictures are like 25x times over the limit. i can email and send sms phone pictures

here is the link to my local craigslist ad with pictures
http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/3760035796.html

Last edited by 3rdgentug; 04-22-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

up for a new day
Old 04-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet truck man! i wish you were closer, I want an old truck so bad.

interested in any trades id love to drop a 5.3 in it.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

thank you

no , i cant do any trades unfortunately.
ive got 2 project cars now and a DD plus this truck,
and really only room for 2... but im not getting rid of 2 of my vehicles .
Old 04-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Launching!

you think it would make it back to illinois driving it?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

I do , in the 4 years Ive owned it Ive put right at 10000 miles on it, almost all highway , from Memphis Tn , to my hunting camp in Locust Bayou Arkansas.
its over 250 miles each way and its made it 3-4 times a year every year since Ive owned it.|
Its been camping with me and all my friends more times then I can count , We always take my truck...

Literally I drive it to cruise in the summer around here maybe once a month , change the oil n top off the fluids around august/september then start making my trips down there n back. At the end of hunting season it doesnt get driven much anymore til summer again. Then i do it all over again. I always start it up n ride it around the block atleast twice a month. I did put a new battery in it 1000 amp / 800 cca duralast gold I forgot to mention in the add.
The 3 last weeks I have driven it everyday since the transmission in my camaro went down. Its been a great truck and no problems at all.
Starts right up , brakes work , never gets hot with the manual fan and 4 core radiator, steering works just fine , tires do get a lil shakey above 70 ( they are all basically mud tires mind you not because of the balance )
Old 04-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Launching!

interesting, sounds like you really like it! Can you get some more pics of the inside? you can pm them to me. how would a baby seat fit in there?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Launching!

just send me all the pics you have tjwashow@gmail.com
Old 04-24-2013, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

ill email them to you right now

i have a 4 year old - hes ridden in the front seat with me since hes been a few months old.
forward and rear facing seats , and now a booster seat.
i have a leg injury which makes it diffecult to get into the back to do a child into a seat, but it would work there too. several times had friends put it back there with him in it.

i do really like the truck, but have 4 right now and am being pressured to get rid of atleast 1. one i just finished , 2 im working on, so this one has to go.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Sold!

Quick Reply: 1985 GMC K5 Jimmy - full size ( like blazer )