Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

has anyone purchased smartfire injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone purchased smartfire injectors

ok so I took a chance and purchased some 80# smartfire injectors from holyls1 right here on ls1tech, he was a vedor and now a formor vender. the 1st set had 2 stuck open and 1 didn't work at all. the second replacement set that holyls1 sent me where 96 low impedance injectors that I thaught where high inpeadance.

along the way this guy holyls1 sent a 2 bar map sensor for my troubles. both showed broken.

so anyways me ant the tuner desided to try the smartfire injector 80# again and barrowed a couple of known good one from a friend that was trashing his smartfire injectors. after some math we had to set the injector flow data to 44.8 to get it to run ad idle. the recommended setting of 83 wouldn't even come close to fireing the engine.

anyone have any info on these? im really really un happy and I have been very patient with holyls1. now im out 2 dyno tune visits and $300ish for the injectors.

log and tune files below. the tune is very crude because we couldn't do anything.

buick add 2nd fan 3.hpt

1st idle log.hpl

2nd idle data log.hpl

Last edited by sniperperformance; 04-24-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sniperperformance
ok so I took a chance and purchased some 80# smartfire injectors from holyls1 right here on ls1tech, he was a vedor and now a formor vender. the 1st set had 2 stuck open and 1 didn't work at all. the second replacement set that holyls1 sent me where 96 low impedance injectors that I thaught where high inpeadance.

along the way this guy holyls1 sent a 2 bar map sensor for my troubles. both showed broken.

so anyways me ant the tuner desided to try the smartfire injector 80# again and barrowed a couple of known good one from a friend that was trashing his smartfire injectors. after some math we had to set the injector flow data to 48.8 to get it to run ad idle. the recommended setting of 83 wouldn't even come close to fireing the engine.

anyone have any info on these? im really really un happy and I have been very patient with holyls1. now im out 2 dyno tune visits and $300ish for the injectors.
These are possibly the worst injector that ever hit the market. They are made in china and are knockoffs of Bosch and Delphi. Piece of ****. They don't flow anything as advertised. We had 2 guys in our club loose motors. Another hydro locked then caught on fire almost killing a small kid that was nearby. Luckily he only got 2 nd degree on his back. Do not use them. Ever. There are complaints everywhere on these. The eBay guys are getting away with it because people are leaving feedback before they even install them as eBay knows when they are received. Then the bombard you with emails to leave good feedback. Buyer leave the feedback so they will get a good report as a buyer. Be carefully where u buy injectors and just try to get your money back from dumb fire
Old 04-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Teching In

well just got done talking with holyls1. and I tested the ohms myself on the 96# injectors. and my tuner either don't know how to work a multimeter or just plain didn't test them. long story short the 96# injectors are high inpeadance as holyls1 stated they where to me.

now im going to get them flow tested at work which is Delphi automotive systems and be sure the 96 pounders. if theres anyone that can tell me whats up they can.

long story short. so far the 80s are not 80's there more likely 40's or 60's.

so thanks holyls1 for working with me even with this post up here.

alittle more info guys. the car dose idle fine on the so called 80's after toying around with the injecter flow data. and setting it to 44.8 across the board for idle tuning.

im going to send his 80# back and give the 96# a shot.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Teching In

ok change of plans just got a text back saying that that he would rather me just send all the injectors back. the 96's and the 80's and he will refund my money.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the saying is "you get what you pay for"
Old 04-26-2013, 05:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup they are complete junk and people are buying them up like they are a deal.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
Yup they are complete junk and people are buying them up like they are a deal.
i agree. but i have paid little for many good parts. head studs, fuel rails, ect....

but at times your right. you get what you pay for

so far the guys been cool. i just got out of the hospital (cancer) and i haven't had the money to ship them back, so far hes been patient.

Quick Reply: has anyone purchased smartfire injectors