Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi from Brighton, Colorado - new lt1 Trans Am owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hi from Brighton, Colorado - new lt1 Trans Am owner

Hi everyone,

Just bought a 1993 Trans Am with the Lt1 V8 last march and have been working on this car trashed out car that the previous owner did not take care of.

Anyway I have been a a muscle car enthusiast since I was young. My mother worked for GM for 42 years and was given a different car to test drive every month. So I got used to riding in everything from Nova's to Grand Prix, Camaro's and Firebirds.

I have owned an 83 Camaro with a 2.8 litre V6 to a 1986 I-ROC Z to an 86 Trans Am and a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix.

My latest purchase; a 1993 Pontiac Trans Am with the LT1 engine is the best buy so far. In fact I did not even pay for the car, but my customers did. You see at the car wash I work at, people like anywhere else, leave their change behind. For five years I saved every penny, nickel, dime quarter, and yes even gold dollars. Just last year I had accumulated 2,200.00 dollars i n change so I went looking for a beater that I could make into a good car and found a 93 Trans Am on Ebay for $1,000.00! I bought the car paid five hundred to ship it. When I got the car I could tell that the previous owner had beat it like a red headed step child. Yet to my surprise, when hooked that battery up, it fired up with visible smoke out the exhaust!

Pretty good considering what I paid for the car. I am still working on the car but have installed a new fuel pump, all new fuel lines from front to back, both the nylon and steel lines. New heads due to former owner breaking exhaust bolts off in heads. New opti, new water pump, new radiator, hoses, heater core. New injectors, spark plugs, wires, coil, ignition module. All new sensors.

I replaced all of this even though the car started and ran, because I found out from the previous owner a few days after the car arrived that his wife had left it under a flooded overpass! I was amazed that the opti would still work after that, but I took no chances and replaced everything.

There are just a few issues left such as power windows not working and bad paint job, and of course it still is giving me fits on emissions, but I'm working it.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Birdman66! That's an awesome story about literally saving your pennies to get a fun car to work on. It never ceases to amaze me how robust the bowties are starting after all that with just a new battery. Pretty amazing! All the best luck with it!

Quick Reply: Hi from Brighton, Colorado - new lt1 Trans Am owner