General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Removing pins from fuse box connector!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Removing pins from fuse box connector!

how in the hell do you remove the pins on the fuse box c2 connector. this is actually really hilarious to me because here i am goings nuts about hoping i dont run into problems with modifying my own harness and that actually goes great but i get snagged on little things like this lol. what is the best tool/ thing to remove the pins on the black fusebox connector on an LSX harness?
Old 05-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you take C2 out of the fuse panel, there is a blue piece on one half of either side. Just pry it out with a flathead. The connectors will not come out without removing the blue pieces. Then figure out which side, top or bottom, of the black plastic housing has a little black tab on the inside. You'll need a good light to tell. The side the tab is on flips between halves. Just jam a tiny flathead in there to depress the tab and the connectors come out the back.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know how to remove/replace one of the pins in a 29 pin connector block? The three 29 pin connectors (white, red, and black) connect cable harnesses to the fusebox.
Below is a picture showing the red 29 pin connector in my car. You can see a red colour wire has been threaded through the connector. That should not be there. It has been put there (by PO’s mechanic) to bypass a pin in the connector that looks to have got hot.
I want to replace the burned pin (if possible) to put it back to original, but I cannot work out how to remove the pin.
-----------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Quick Reply: Removing pins from fuse box connector!