What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Corvette

Just curious what some of you guys would pay for my car. It's a 98 targa top auto with just under 30k miles. Mods include 2.8l Kenne Bell blower LG Motorsports headers, built auto, forged bottom end Borla cat back, LS6 cam, 317 heads. I think that about covers the basics with the car, and a clean title.
Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

18K maybe a bit more if it has a forged motor.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Launching!

Yes the motor is forged.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

What's the condition of the car? Does it need paint or tires? Anything wrong with it, like dents, etc...??
The miles are certainly low which would normally appeal to a wide range of buyers. However, with the mods, as with any car, the market gets quite limited. I'm a perfect example of that and so are many others in the middle age or older group as we prefer 'stock' examples 9 times out of 10. We wouldn't be interested and would move on to another Corvette. A 'stock' "98 Corvette in 'good condition' with those miles would indeed bring $18,000. With your Corvette having the mods I'm thinking quite a bit less. Why?? The market will be limited to younger male drivers. Forget about most loans for this 15 year old car so that would leave cash buyers. Unfortunately this young male demographic doesn't have $18k cash laying around. While your car is probably worth every penny of $18,000, maybe even more depending on condition, it may be tough finding a buyer at even $15,000. When the time comes to sell, you can certainly try for that high teens price, but you can't really expect it. On the bright side, maybe there is someone out there looking for exactly what you have. You won't know until that time. I'm sure many people you meet will say, "Hell yeah, I'd pay $18,000 - $20,000 for that car" but talk is cheap, and when push comes to shove, it's "Oh , I can't really afford that" or any number of excuses. Sorry to be a downer but I'm sure you want honesty, and being around these 'real world' selling prices for decades, I have a pretty good idea how it works. The main thing is to enjoy it. You built it just the way you want it and that's the only thing that matters.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Launching!

The body is in perfect shape, the tires are pretty much brand new. As of right now nothing needs to be replaced now or anytime soon. I am deploying at the end of the year and I was thinking about getting a C6Z and it is really close to being paid off. Just trying to get a feeling of where it sits. I really do not need to get rid of it. Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 07:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Sounds very impressive. If you want to try and sell it, give it a whirl. No harm in trying, right? Sounds like you have time. I personally would try www.autotrader.com to eliminate the CL scam artists. You don't need that crap. Thanks for your service!

Quick Reply: 98 Corvette