LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car was running terribly, replaced opti, won't start. I need some help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car was running terribly, replaced opti, won't start. I need some help!!!

So, 2 years ago, the last time I had my car running on the old combo, I started having some ignition issues. The car would run fine for a short period of time and then it would all of the sudden lose power, buck and backfire. I could barely make it home when this happened. If I let the car sit overnight I could start it the next morning but it would always eventually go back to running like poop. Couldn't get the car above 2k rpm. Well I have since converter to the LTCC kit. Got the new combo all back together and got it started. It was idling and running fine until last night. It started doing that sputtering and backfiring. So a friend of mine had a new opti laying around that he picked up as a backup.

We installed the new opti and now the car will not start. It started once and I was able to put my foot on the gas and keep it running for a few seconds but now we can't get anything. I would hate to have to tear everything apart again. I may try replacing the crank position sensor in the bottom of the timing cover because its an easy swap.

Any ideas?

The car is a 94 but it has a complete 97 Z28 drivetrain and harness.

Quick Reply: Car was running terribly, replaced opti, won't start. I need some help!!!