LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

bbk shorty drivers side removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bbk shorty drivers side removal

i am going to attempt to remove the drivers side header from my car to fix it. one of the studs that you bolt the y-pipe to twisted off and i cant get it to seal at all.

is there a prefered way of doing this? i have attempted it before and couldnt figure it out. im thinkin i might have to take the steering shaft out to get it out
Old 04-28-2013, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

You don't have to take the steering shaft out, we got it out with the motor in the car and the shaft still hooked up on the other 95 I took the motor out of. Just takes some trial and error with twisting and turning it, it will come out the bottom though. It took one person up top and one down low to do it.

Or I think you can just the one side of the motor up and have a little more room, but you should not have to. Like I said mine came out with the air tubes off just fine. little time consuming though.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

alright thank you for the info. do i need to take the oil filter and stuff off or can i leave it there?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

It was still there when mine came out, if it as the air tube on it, just unbolt it if you can. If I remember correctly we pushed it towards the motor after pulling the front of it up to get it to drop. Was way easier than my stock manifolds lol.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BoostedDSM
It was still there when mine came out, if it as the air tube on it, just unbolt it if you can. If I remember correctly we pushed it towards the motor after pulling the front of it up to get it to drop. Was way easier than my stock manifolds lol.
alright thanks.... the stock manifolds are a pain haha

Quick Reply: bbk shorty drivers side removal