Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Hurst shift arm install

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurst shift arm install

Holy smurf do I hate previous owners. I recently replaced my slave cylinder and planned on putting this Hurst arm on while I had the trans out, but some dumb **** broke a bolt off in the shifter's arm and decided the best course of action was to WELD the thing on instead of taking the broken bolt out and replacing it. Soooo I had to wait until I got home so I could use my dremel and about an hour of my time lowering the trans AGAIN and taking the entire shifter off so I could get my dremel at a good enough angle to grind the welds down. ANYWAYS, got it off eventually, got the broken bolt out REAL easy. (Why couldn't you do that, you stupid bitch?)

Hurst shift arm install-hurst1.jpg

I got the new arm that accepts Hurst and most aftermarket shifter handles on the GM RipShift from SNL Motorsports. Had to call them because they don't advertise it anymore, but they do still have them. Got it shipped fast and it came with hardware! Thanks, guys.

Hurst shift arm install-hurst2.jpg

Anyway, got the arm on, put the shifter back in, bolted the trans crossmember back in, put the boot on, got everything nice and done up, and my GOD does this look good in these interiors. Feels great with the ball, too. I guess I was born to grope a black ball. I know you can see the insulator in the pass seat, I just put the boot on to see how it all would look and took a pic. I can take a pic of the trim back on and everything if you guys want.

Hurst shift arm install-hurst3.jpg
Hurst shift arm install-hurst4.jpg
Hurst shift arm install-hurst5.jpg

Quick Reply: Hurst shift arm install