Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from Central IL

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Central IL

Hello to everyone.
Am a new member that hopes to learn a lot on this site.
I'm currently straddling two genres of Chevrolet classics. The tri-fives and the Camaro.
My very first car is a 1955 Chevrolet 150 two-door sedan. Blue-Flame six cylinder and three on the tree. My great aunt bought this car new and I bought it from her in May 1986 when I was 13. Someday when the bank account allows I'm going to do a full restoration and take it back to its original color and want to replace the six with the original 265 small block V8 that came out that year.
My second ever car was a 1979 Camaro Berlinetta. It had been my brother's and I bought it from him in 1988. He got it when the car was only two years old. I drove it all through high school and into my sophomore year of college when it got parked. For the past several years I kept hoping to get it out and running but job changes, out of state moves, and mortgages kept that from happening. Is still at my parents farm and will be in the family 32 years this coming August.
In October 2012 I bought a 2002 Z28 Convertible. When I brought it home it had 5730 miles on the odometer - so pretty much bought a 10 year old/new car. From 2000-2002 I test drove several Camaro's back in the day and wanted to buy one back then but couldn't make it happen. Am so glad I finally found one pretty much like the one I almost bought back then.

Sorry for my 'wordy' first thread but wanted to explain my Chevrolet background. Running from the heyday of the 50s to my current ragtop.
thanks,
Old 01-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ch150
Hello to everyone.
Am a new member that hopes to learn a lot on this site.
I'm currently straddling two genres of Chevrolet classics. The tri-fives and the Camaro.
My very first car is a 1955 Chevrolet 150 two-door sedan. Blue-Flame six cylinder and three on the tree. My great aunt bought this car new and I bought it from her in May 1986 when I was 13. Someday when the bank account allows I'm going to do a full restoration and take it back to its original color and want to replace the six with the original 265 small block V8 that came out that year.
My second ever car was a 1979 Camaro Berlinetta. It had been my brother's and I bought it from him in 1988. He got it when the car was only two years old. I drove it all through high school and into my sophomore year of college when it got parked. For the past several years I kept hoping to get it out and running but job changes, out of state moves, and mortgages kept that from happening. Is still at my parents farm and will be in the family 32 years this coming August.
In October 2012 I bought a 2002 Z28 Convertible. When I brought it home it had 5730 miles on the odometer - so pretty much bought a 10 year old/new car. From 2000-2002 I test drove several Camaro's back in the day and wanted to buy one back then but couldn't make it happen. Am so glad I finally found one pretty much like the one I almost bought back then.

Sorry for my 'wordy' first thread but wanted to explain my Chevrolet background. Running from the heyday of the 50s to my current ragtop.
thanks,
Well welcome to the forums!!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

welcome
Old 05-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Launching!

i know a group of guys in champaign that go cruising and hang every week, maybe sometime we will meet
Old 05-16-2014, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome neighbor!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome! Central IL is my second home. love that you want to restore your older cars but that's sweeet that you got such a low mileage Z

Quick Reply: Hello from Central IL