What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Garage Queen 2000 Camaro SS - 10,881 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage Queen 2000 Camaro SS - 10,881 miles

Hey guys. I searched the country trying to find a Pewter SS in mint condition. I stumbled upon a stock Red 2000 Camaro SS with only 10,881 original miles (13 years old!). She was a one-owner and basically brand new. Smells like a brand new car. Stored in a heated garage. Original tires also look brand new. T-tops still have the privacy covers on. The optional Hurst short throw shifter looks untouched. I felt compelled to buy her. I mean, how many 10k mile SSs are out there that have one owner, clean carfaxes, and spent their entire life in the same town.

This is a time capsule car. Look at it and sit in it and it's like your back in 2000. We put it up on a lift and you could eat off the undercarriage. Have to see to believe. This car has never seen a rain drop and there is no dust!

What's this car worth? I am reluctant to start modding it. I was going to throw some lowering springs/shocks and wheels/tires on her and show her off this summer at the local car shows.

Why I am posting this? The glossy, wet RED paint is not my style. I really wanted a Pewter SS. I also liked a NBM SS, but Black2001z06 sold his before I could buy it. Any advice from you F-body experts would be great. Sell her or trade her or mod her?

Old 05-02-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice, I'm not as familiar with the Camaro's as others, but seems they tend not to get as much as the WS6, I'm gonna take a guess and say 15-18k, depends on how bad he needs to sell, do you care it its a auto or stick? I know of a auto pewter SS
Old 05-02-2013, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So you already bought this one now and your asking what its worth? Don't go heavy with modding at all you will never get your money back and it doesn't add much to the car's total price if you sell it. Keep all the stock parts.

I'd say get some Bilstein shocks and Strano springs and some nice wheels and be done with it. 18" Technipolish Fikse FM5 get my vote for wheels.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by djfury05
So you already bought this one now and your asking what its worth? Don't go heavy with modding at all you will never get your money back and it doesn't add much to the car's total price if you sell it. Keep all the stock parts.

I'd say get some Bilstein shocks and Strano springs and some nice wheels and be done with it. 18" Technipolish Fikse FM5 get my vote for wheels.
You read my mind. Just wanted some springs and shocks, then add wheels and tires and be done. Maybe a catback for better looking tail pipes.

I just wish she was pewter or silver or blue. I like to fly under the radar.

Maybe trade with another forum member for another color?
Old 05-02-2013, 03:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

High teens ($15,000 - $18,000) generally if kept 'stock' and one-owner, etc.. The minute you start modding an ultra low mileage car like this you lose value, as well as a large part of the buyer's market. Buyers that pay these higher prices (premiums) want the car as it came from the factory, not someone else's idea of what it should be like. Nice find!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Teching In

For what its worth I picked up a 16000 mile 1999 Z28 M6 for $9000 (approx). Not as clean as yours mind.

Now, thats in another country where things are generally more expensive. There was a 7000 mile 2002 35th anniversary SS went for $15500 (approx) last week that looked as good as your one. I`m guessing in the US the greater call for these things so my comparison is purely speculative.

Nice car though.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bigkeeko
For what its worth I picked up a 16000 mile 1999 Z28 M6 for $9000 (approx). Not as clean as yours mind.

Now, thats in another country where things are generally more expensive. There was a 7000 mile 2002 35th anniversary SS went for $15500 (approx) last week that looked as good as your one. I`m guessing in the US the greater call for these things so my comparison is purely speculative.

Nice car though.
Yeah, supply and demand is a bit different in the US than overseas, I would think. I found a low mileage Pewter SS when I first started looking, but it sold soon after. Red is a young man's game. I need more of an earthy tone. I would even take black. Just could not pass on the deal.

Maybe I will feel better about the car after the springs/shocks and wheels/tires are installed.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Your car is incredible, I recall another Red SS with about the same mileage selling for $16000 in the for sale section here last year. If it were a WS6 youd be looking at a few grand more for sure. GM has brought the Camaro back from the dead in what most people feel is more attractive body style. This is definitely hurting the value of the last gen SS.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

I ordered a set of stainless rear bumper letter inserts, front clear corners, and a cags skip shift eliminator. Was going to order wheels, tires, springs, shocks, adjustable panhard, catback exhaust, have the windows tinted, and add some polyurethane motor mounts/tranny mount. Sounded like a good plan.

I just can't bring myself to modify this car. I would rather find a higher mileage SS to play around with.

The car is now for sale.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much
Old 05-10-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by apicia
I ordered a set of stainless rear bumper letter inserts, front clear corners, and a cags skip shift eliminator. Was going to order wheels, tires, springs, shocks, adjustable panhard, catback exhaust, have the windows tinted, and add some polyurethane motor mounts/tranny mount. Sounded like a good plan.

I just can't bring myself to modify this car. I would rather find a higher mileage SS to play around with.

The car is now for sale
Smart!! GLWS!! Be patient.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Smart!! GLWS!! Be patient.
Thanks mate.

Quick Reply: Garage Queen 2000 Camaro SS - 10,881 miles