What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Trans Am Firehawk

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 Trans Am Firehawk

Hey everybody. I have been looking at a 2000 Firehawk. Let me know what you think.

It has 86,120 miles on it. 6 speed. T-tops. Clean and clear title with three owners, two of which are father and son. Garage stored and only driven in nice weather. It has all available Trans Am options and has SLP optioned Auburn rear differential, Bilstein sport suspension, floor mats and chrome wheels. Doesn't have the chrome wheels on it now though. Comes with custom SLP Firehawk car cover and two keys with working fobs. Also has SLP birth certificate but not much in the way of maintenance records.

The car is really in surprisingly good shape for the mileage. I'm pretty picky and I can't really find much to gripe about. Door panels and dash are in great shape. Driver's side shows very minimal wear and the other seats even less. The Hurst leather shifter **** is slightly worn. Firehawk mats are mint. Everything works as far as I can tell. Windows go up and down, passenger side a little slow but not bad. Headlights go up and down perfectly. No dash lights on. The body and paint look great as well with no dings or dents I could find, and barely a scratch but that could be because of the color. There are a few stone chips on the front bumper cover and hood but they don't stand out at all. It runs great and feels good going down the road, but the rear does squeak when turning. The guy told me that with that suspension package they didn't use spring isolators. I looked under the car and sure enough there are none on the back. Tires and brakes are newer. The engine bay is really clean as is the undercarriage. As I said before, I am really surprised how clean this car is for the mileage. It looks like it has half of what the odometer says.

I have looked the car over very closely twice now, once with a buddy, and am ready to make the owner an offer. What would be a fair price to pay?

Oh yeah, it is 100% stock other than the wheels and a K&N air filter.

Thanks for the input!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say $15,000 Max. With that Milage.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Sounds like you have done your homework well on this potential ride. A 2000 WS6 would fetch around $10,000 - $11,000 for the car you describe and now you have to decide what the Firehwk nameplate is worth on top of that. A slight premium would be in order but how much? It isn't a valued 'collector' car anymore, not with those miles. You also have to think down the road a bit. In a very short time you will have a car with 6 figures on the odometer. No big deal when you own it, but a car becomes much tougher to sell and for much lower money. It is just the way it works and something to consider. I would try to get the car for under $12,000. If you absolutely love it and the owner won't take less than $13,000, then that is something you will have to decide on when it is that close in price. I would NOT pay more than that though.
A recent similar Firehawk on ebay couldn't bring $12,900 for the owner so very few people will buy in this stratosphere. Don't overpay!

Quick Reply: 2000 Trans Am Firehawk