Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello! New member here, shooting for 5k$ drag/street car

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! New member here, shooting for 5k$ drag/street car

Hello all. Im new to the forums. My name is shawn. Im in the process of selling one of my vehicles and i should have about 5-6k left to toy with.

I want to built a fox body mustang with a ls motor, and go as fast as i can for that amount of money i will have.

What im thinking is getting a cheap body, 5.3l and probably nitrous. I pretty much know all the pieces i need to make it all work. Just have to spend the money wisely.

I would like to atleast be able to run the car in a 10.0 index and possibly into the 9s if i can.

Any advise for making this possible would be appriciated!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its going to take more than 5-6K to meet your goals.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed with alexus... Be prepared to shell out 8-9K for a RIGHT set up IF you do the labor yourself. But if you plan to stay near stock, 5-6K should do it, but who wants that in a drag car...
Old 05-05-2013, 07:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can get the car, motor and have it running with your goal. The problem is running consistent 10's or 9's. Its going to take some goodies to make that happen. If you are doing all the work yourself, and are extremely careful with purchases, I could probably see it, but you would have to be some kind of creative. I had plans on doing a fox at one time, but the sell fell through of the car, so I decided to just start modding my Firehawk. It's all the little stuff that adds up that will put you over your goal.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Well we shall see. It will at least be in the 10s. All the work will be done by me. This will be my 3rd race car build.

Quick Reply: Hello! New member here, shooting for 5k$ drag/street car