Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fbody twin turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fbody twin turbo kit

Granatelli Motor Sports is proud to announce the availability of the Granatelli Twin Turbo system for 1998-2002 LS1 Camaros & Firebirds. The system produces 450RWP @ 7 PSI using 91 California grade octane fuel but is capable of 1,100RWP on a professionally built engine. (Recent testing showed 815 rwhp on a low compression 427 LsX engine using 91 California grade octane fuel at 15 psi) The system features near-ZERO turbo lag, instant tire shredding power, superior fit and finish and all OEM quality. The kit is 100% complete, additional engine modifications recommended after 9 PSI (call for details). The kit includes twin 62/66mm PTE6266 T3/T4 housing Precision turbos, twin 38mm TiAL MVS waste gates, Granatelli/TiAL 50mm compressor bypass valve, stainless steel exhaust components through out the system, powder coated tubing from turbo to intercooler and from intercooler to throttle body as well as a large front mount air to air intercooler core. Installation requires only moderate mechanical skills and can be completed within 12 hours. For more information, please call 805-486-6644 or visit www.granatelllimotorsports.com.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Installed pics?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:56 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If I remember correctly, that setup is like $11,000, and I thought prochargers were expensive. For that much money, you could get a forged motor with an F-series blower and make 1200 rwhp.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

i made my own twin kit. when its 100% finished ill have $5k in it, then i have $6100 in a 390 long block.. so $11000...
Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$11K for a "kit" to go on a car worth $3k .... That's retarded!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW! I can get the kit from Rob at modular turbo that comes with an air-to-water intercooler and larger turbos for 1200 bucks less.

By the way you have too many "L's" in the word granatelli, so the link is not working for me.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

Jesus christ. These aren't new cars anymore, hard to justify spending that much on a TT kit. Hard to market something that expensive on a forum that thrives off used parts/cheap parts.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

how about all ya'll calm the hell down.

don't like it or too expensive, don't buy it.

4th gens may be 'old' but people waste thousands on them every day

thanks to Granatelli for bringing another TTI system to the market. Their performace, product spectrum, and longevity is unparalleled in this community.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE

thanks to Granatelli for bringing another TTI system to the market. Their performace, product spectrum, and longevity is unparalleled in this community.
<----Hahaha.. Guilty!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:14 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by granatelli sales

Granatelli Motor Sports is proud to announce the availability of the Granatelli Twin Turbo system for 1998-2002 LS1 Camaros & Firebirds. The system produces 450RWP @ 7 PSI using 91 California grade octane fuel but is capable of 1,100RWP on a professionally built engine. (Recent testing showed 815 rwhp on a low compression 427 LsX engine using 91 California grade octane fuel at 15 psi) The system features near-ZERO turbo lag, instant tire shredding power, superior fit and finish and all OEM quality. The kit is 100% complete, additional engine modifications recommended after 9 PSI (call for details). The kit includes twin 62/66mm PTE6266 T3/T4 housing Precision turbos, twin 38mm TiAL MVS waste gates, Granatelli/TiAL 50mm compressor bypass valve, stainless steel exhaust components through out the system, powder coated tubing from turbo to intercooler and from intercooler to throttle body as well as a large front mount air to air intercooler core. Installation requires only moderate mechanical skills and can be completed within 12 hours. For more information, please call 805-486-6644 or visit www.granatelllimotorsports.com.
Does this system require an Aftermarket K-Member?
Does this system require a TH-400 Transmission?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Yes granatelli might be a great company but when you put up maybe 4-6 grand in parts and try to sell it for $11,250 that's where I draw the line. I'm tempted to call the police and charge them with rape.

Or could it be you have a vested interest in this?

I'll let this play out.

P.S. You told on yourself in the last line

Last edited by 87silverbullet; 05-08-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
interest in this?

P.S. You told on yourself in the last line
Of course he does, look at the last part of his sig ... looking for a free stuff ...err, I mean sponsors.
I'm not troubled by that (get what you can when you can) it's his attitude on how others opine about a price point. Especially when you consider that Granatelli himself didn't feel the need to. I don't know if anyone remembers him from the his Mustang Paxton days and he'd literally get into thread wars with people over the most miniscule of things. I remember thinking "This guys a Cali rich kid ... why's he so easily flustered by strangers on the web?!" I see he's progressed way passed that and is simply dropping his product info and trying to make the sale.
Mouse, if he doesn't care what we think of his price point ... Why would you?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

I dont give a **** about Granatelli, but they are a sponsor here and are making TTI stuff available to ls1tech and THAT I support completely.

87:
its not 4-6 grand in parts when its made in the usa by hand, and not an off-shore copy
Vested interest what? I told on what? I don't even own a F-body, don't be a dumb ***.

Alex: you don't know anything about anything if you think I am trying to get or have gotten anything free from anyone. and furthermore I definitely am not interested in anything Granatelli has to offer.

TTI was here before any other turbo kit 'companies' and will be here long after, for the same reason that they are worth a few extra bucks. If you don't know why you should learn before you type about it.

Save your money today with the ofi's, the incons, ls1 motorsports, modular tubo, kentucky turbo the list is longer and then bitch about it later.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 05-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up Wow, didn't mean to "ruffle your feathers"

Alex: you don't know anything about anything if you...
Hilarious ... All good though (but please remember, a lot of us here were putting turbos on Mustangs back in the early 90's when TTi, Cartech and the junkyard were the only game's in town)

Save your money today with the ofi's, the incons, ls1 motorsports, modular tubo, kentucky turbo the list is longer and then bitch about it later.
Ha - Ha ... you should look into my history. I was Inall's biggest nemesis (him and his "Peter" alias ... I called him and his cult followers on that bull he was peddling way back when Incon/DDMI was only in the Mustang world). As for the rest of the listed, please look up my name in regards to KYTP, I was the first to call out Josh on the break-in crap (as his legion of idiotic followers at the time tried to bash me ... see how that turned out).
So all in all I agree with your assessment of the above companies but that doesn't mean I have to think an $11k turbo kit is a good idea
Old 05-08-2013, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont give a **** about Granatelli, but they are a sponsor here and are making TTI stuff available to ls1tech and THAT I support completely.

87:
its not 4-6 grand in parts when its made in the usa by hand, and not an off-shore copy
Vested interest what? I told on what? I don't even own a F-body, don't be a dumb ***.

Alex: you don't know anything about anything if you think I am trying to get or have gotten anything free from anyone. and furthermore I definitely am not interested in anything Granatelli has to offer.

TTI was here before any other turbo kit 'companies' and will be here long after, for the same reason that they are worth a few extra bucks. If you don't know why you should learn before you type about it.

yup.... everyone wants a turbo kit to make 1200 hp, cost 4k, and be delivered to their doorstep tomorrow.... this kit looks to be using cast iron manifolds, so it won't crack up on you, has good parts in it, and little to no fab work for the end user. Also, it won't look like hammered dog **** like 95% of the home builds I see posted in here most of the time. The market for this kit might not be as large as it once was, but it is there. $11K is about what speed inc. was getting for their old TT kit with fabbed manifolds i've personally had to weld cracks up on twice....
Old 05-08-2013, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

well if you are old as dirt like me then you know you can home brew pipes all day long for fun and break even but when you do it for a living you have to end up with a net income to secure a future / feed kids etc.

if anyone has genuine interest in the product you should call granatelli / tti discussing the investment vs. randomly bashing an introductory price.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:14 AM
TECH Veteran

87:

You don't own one now but you did.

A few extra bucks?! Look at that kit! You still have to source your own manifolds and that intercooler is not a spearco unit.

It looks like a Treadstone knockoff for that they sell for 450 bucks. Why is it in 2 pieces also? It looks like they tried to take 2 intercoolers and make it into one. I know damn well they make cores big enough to where you aren't putting 2 together to make one.

So, lets put this all into perspective.

turbos 1100 x2 2200
tial wastegate 350 x2 700
intercooler 450 450
oil pump (mocal from amazon.com 400
BOV tial 260

total 4010

Now lets add in the stainless and fabrication and I will be generous with it

total $6010

That is rediculous to charge $11,250 and all the parts cost roughly 6 grand. I can see maybe going with 2-3 grand in profit but not 5 grand

Keep in mind all those parts I found were retail costs which I know TTi doesn't pay.

I'll stick with my OFI kit and I will keep talking with Rob and Chris @Modular. They made their own kit, not sell somebody elses kit as their own.

I guess this kit doesn't keep a/c either if its using truck manifolds so that's another big NO!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks like it uses stock ls1 manifolds, so yes it would keep ac. i do agree on the intercooler, and also wish the discharge was on the driver side so the charge pipe could be routed up by the fuse box
Old 05-08-2013, 11:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with 87silverbullet

When it comes to your average your LSX enthusiast in this day & age, high dollar built forged engines & high dollar turbo kits are out!...Junkyard 100K motors a DIY turbo kits are in. I sure as hell dont need a pair of turbos that cost 2200.

Quick Reply: Fbody twin turbo kit