LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

24x reluctor question

Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 24x reluctor question

I got the reluctor wheel slid onto the crank just to the beginning of the woodruff key. If I can find something like a socket to fit over the crank, can I tap it a little further onto the key and then let the hub push it the rest of the way? I would like to at least get it started onto the key so when I go to reinstall the hub Ill be absolutely sure it isn't getting stuck on anything.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ascastil
I got the reluctor wheel slid onto the crank just to the beginning of the woodruff key. If I can find something like a socket to fit over the crank, can I tap it a little further onto the key and then let the hub push it the rest of the way? I would like to at least get it started onto the key so when I go to reinstall the hub Ill be absolutely sure it isn't getting stuck on anything.
Yes, you can gently tap the reluctor over the key. I would recommend that the reluctor is seated against the crank timing sprocket before you install the timing cover.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Launching!

I didnt have a socket big enough to fit over the crank and didnt want to go buy one so I just used an empty can of Spaghettios, worked perfect. While I had everything apart I took off my pan and put a pickup tube retainer on and a new pan gasket. I think tomorrow Ill mail out my pcm and basically just be waiting on that and my wiring harness, coils, and brackets to get finished up at BP. When I get it all together and on the road Im gonna finish up the car with some Torq Thrust wheels, 11" wide in the back. Im getting excited!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Dang, forgot I need to get plug wires too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 24x reluctor question