Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fun(?) on Saturday...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Fun(?) on Saturday...

After last weeks quick jump in 2nd took me to 17psi in second gear, I reset the manual boost controller to halfway on Saturday. Afterwards, I took the Z28 to the local Mavis Discount Tire to get the front end aligned. Once that was completed, the guy that had done the actual re-alignment gave me the motion to spin the tires. So, stupidly forgetting I hadn't tested the boost level at this new setting, I left easily in 1st but after shifting to 2nd, I watched the wide band and floored it. Well, in about a second, I heard a loud pop and then heard a small thump, I looked in the rear view and saw my charge pipe spinning the road behind me. I did an ultra quick U turn, went beside it, leaned out the door and picked it up and took off. As I drive to the nearest parking spot, I pressed the history button on my AEM Tru Boost to see what boost it had attained before it popped off the charge pipe. Gulp... 24psi. Thank goodness my motor is all forged and I'm running about 8.4 to 1 compression ratio. Good lord. I drove it home and put everything back on and reset the boost controller to minimal boost. I'll try it again next time(coming weekend).
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Dave, have you ever made it over to LTXtech? They have a LT1 forced induction section you may get some better results in.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Where is that ? Is is a forum here?
THanks

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Dave, have you ever made it over to LTXtech? They have a LT1 forced induction section you may get some better results in.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

http://ltxtech.com/forums/forum.php

Join up

Quick Reply: Fun(?) on Saturday...