General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

no starting problem goes on and on

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default no starting problem goes on and on

I have had issues with the car not starting and did a few posts about it. This has happened many times. I did the vatts bypass resistor finally and the car ran for a while.Blinking security light went out.Checked the resistance of the two white wires from the ignition with the key and nothing. So I knew that the two white wires were broken.

Took my car to a repair shop to have the ignition cylinder assembly replace and gave them a new ac delco ignition to install. I had the bipass resistor in the connector to the bcm in . I told them not to plug the new connector from the ignition into the vatts connector because I had it bypassed with a resistor. The locksmith plugged in the connector and the car would not start.

I think that the system saw the key and the vatts resistor when they tried to start it. I plugged in the connector in with no resistor and the security light stays on. when I do the vatts bypass the security light blinks.Either way it won't start. Sorry about the long post.

Could the bcm seeing the wrong resistance have messed up the bcm?Now they say that they don't know what the problem is and maybe I need a new bcm.What a mess, I am frustrated. So what do you guys think?

Quick Reply: no starting problem goes on and on