LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Spark issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark issues

Hey Guys and GAls new to the site just wondering if anybody has had this problem before. I have 1995 Trans Am with a 383 stroker, the heads are AFR 195cc I just changed the sparks plugs and notice that the passenger side plugs were fould but the drivers side not, what would cause this?? Also to let uou guys know the car has the opti spark plus the deltech style ingintion system . The car will run fine for ten mins and then loose most power and fill like it is loading up with fuel any suggestions..
Old 05-08-2013, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My vote = O2 Sensor!

Originally Posted by See U Later 4
I just changed the sparks plugs and notice that the passenger side plugs were fouled but the drivers side not, what would cause this?? The car will run fine for ten mins and then loose most power and fill like it is loading up with fuel
First ten minutes = Open Loop; i.e. - not using the O2 sensors' input to the PCM.

Also, the Driver's side bank and Pass side bank have their own Pre-cat O2 sensors, correct?

So, replace your Pass side pre-cat O2 sensor - or - get a scan tool that can read the two sensors and look for differences in their respective voltage readings.

Good luck!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sell it!!

Quick Reply: Spark issues