Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live Tune Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI Live Tune Conversion?

Is there any way to take the info from an EFI live .tun file and create/convert it to something a Diablo Predator could then upload? I know it would require somebody who has access to both EFI and CMR, so this could be a shot in the dark, but I'm trying to fix my mistake.

While messing around with the Predator I unintentionally ended up flashing over a custom EFI Live tune I had made for my 2000 SS.

I have a copy of the .tun file but no way to upload it back onto the PCM, and the Predator didn't store a copy of the custom tune.

Unfortunately I kind of live in the middle of nowhere with no tuning shops around, so this would be my only option short of mailing the PCM back to the tuning shop I originally had make the tune (car is my only one, daily driver).
Old 05-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's no easy way to do it, although it can be done. You'd need to flash te tune into a PCM, then read it back out using a Diablosport tool.

I would contact your original tuner, and maybe even post something on the EFIlive forum. There may be someone over there with both that's willing to help.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
There's no easy way to do it, although it can be done. You'd need to flash te tune into a PCM, then read it back out using a Diablosport tool.

I would contact your original tuner, and maybe even post something on the EFIlive forum. There may be someone over there with both that's willing to help.
I gave them a call - short of mailing back my PCM there's nothing they can do. I'll try the EFIlive forum and see what they say.

Quick Reply: EFI Live Tune Conversion?