General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help, how does this connect to the parking brake switch? [SOLVED!]

Old 05-09-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help, how does this connect to the parking brake switch? [SOLVED!]

Took my console out when I put in my new clutch. Got everything back together but can't figure out where this harness connects to the parking brake switch under the console. I left it unplugged for now and while driving the parking brake dash light flickers on and off of course. Can anyone maybe take a picture of how their's is connected? Can't figure it out for the life of me!

Last edited by TheBlueKnight; 05-09-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Solved! Found a pic on Installuniversity.com and figured it out from there. It just pushes into the slots on the side so the two "teeth" of the connector on the blue wire can contact the metal part the parking brake handle pushes down on. You can see it connected on the bottom of the pic below...

Old 05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Solved! Found a pic on Installuniversity.com and figured it out from there. It just pushes into the slots on the side so the two "teeth" of the connector on the blue wire can contact the metal part the parking brake handle pushes down on. You can see it connected on the bottom of the pic below...
AWwww man, great.. i just came from outside opened up my console to get you pics.. and you found it..

well, i'm getting back to work
Old 05-09-2013, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AmDWs6
AWwww man, great.. i just came from outside opened up my console to get you pics.. and you found it..

well, i'm getting back to work
Crap I knew that was gonna happen to someone. Thanks man. I'll remember you went out to do the effort and help me. I know it can be a pain in the *** to take apart stuff and take pics and upload them. I've literally been googling and searching through my Chilton book all morning.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hate that lol just wondering though since you guys both have your console off..... LOL when I did my m6 swap my light that illuminated the parking selector is just dangling underneath there do you factory m6 guys have that light going into your ashtray or something??? I'm pretty sure m6 guys have the light also but obviously it doesnt go to the shift PRNDL.

Sorry to hijack your thread just though I'd ask since everything is apart lol btw do you have yoou're tick master in yet Blue knight?
Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Our little light bulb is in the ashtray.

I just installed my Tick 2 days ago. It's great. It was easier to install than a stock Master Cylinder! I started a thread about it in the manual transmission section. I have it adjusted so the height of the clutch pedal is about a 1/2" lower than the brake pedal height right now. I'm going to Autozone to pick upa hood strut and I'm gonna drive around a bit and see how I like it. If shifting is notchy at all I'll raise up the clutch pedal height another 1/4 inch and try it again.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Crap I knew that was gonna happen to someone. Thanks man. I'll remember you went out to do the effort and help me. I know it can be a pain in the *** to take apart stuff and take pics and upload them. I've literally been googling and searching through my Chilton book all morning.
actually i don't regret it, cause i wanted to open up my pro5.0 shifter and adjust it's Springs .. it lags if pushed to the left then gonna install it on my brother's Z28 then back again into my Ws6. no harm done XD

@redbird555 its in the ashtray
@TheBlueKnight its not little it's shitty

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help, how does this connect to the parking brake switch? [SOLVED!]