EBoost Street with HPA

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Default EBoost Street with HPA

Taken from another thread...

Originally Posted by denmah
its wild how simple it is, i have a regulator i use on the dyno that hooks up to shop air and i can just add pressure to the top to make more boost if i want.
Originally Posted by Shownomercy
So if I regulated down a HPA tank and hooked that up as the turbo comp feed my eboost street could run like a C02 setup ?
Originally Posted by denmah
absolutely
Now, I want to use a HPA tank to go in place of the comp housing pressure source. Can I reg it to say 20psi and just run the eboost as normal?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would run like a CO2 setup, it would BE a CO2 setup..lol

my issue would be... with no turbo pressure feed... how would you actually regulate boost spikes and the like? one of the features of the Eboost street is the over boost protection. seems like a neat way to do things but seems to be lacking in a few details.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try the two port single solenoid configuration but I'd run turbo pressure to the bottom of the gate and then just co2 to the solenoid no tee that way you have pressure to open the gate and the co2 to control the top. And the over boost should still work because the controller should still be hooked to the manifold to read pressure and make corrections
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All u have to do is run the line off the turbo tobthe bottom port of the wg and run the hpa line to the solenoid and then to the top hat.

Just a fyi. Most guy that run on co2 set the reg at about 50psi. But alittle less might work better for u

Quick Reply: EBoost Street with HPA