Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hose on torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 03:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hose on torque arm

So I noticed there's a broken hose dangling on my exhaust. Further inspection shows it's mounted to the torque arm and then is cut off mid length towards the rear differential on that end. However it runs along the transmission and then runs towards the top of the bell housing. Who knows what it is?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AmnSF
So I noticed there's a broken hose dangling on my exhaust. Further inspection shows it's mounted to the torque arm and then is cut off mid length towards the rear differential on that end. However it runs along the transmission and then runs towards the top of the bell housing. Who knows what it is?
That is a vent for the trans case. Mine came completely off and I had no issues, but it's probably best to run one with an opening below the top of the case without hanging down.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Notice any sort of odd smell once the hose came off? I can smell a mix of trans fluid and what seems to be oil..
Old 05-11-2013, 06:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AmnSF
Notice any sort of odd smell once the hose came off? I can smell a mix of trans fluid and what seems to be oil..
No more than my ragged out B4C already had... LOL! But if you had vapor pressure in the trans case after your car heated up and you were sitting in traffic, the vent point without the hose is higher in the tunnel than with the tube outlet. That's just food for thought...
Old 05-11-2013, 08:29 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes that is the vent hose from the transmission. It is routed to the torque arm and secured to the TA with a clip. You may have gotten a drip of residual fluid that dripped onto the exhaust. If the rubber hose itself touched the exhaust you will definitely get a nasty smell.

Quick Reply: Hose on torque arm