General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car wont start (again)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car wont start (again)

I pulled my car out of storage for the summer on Monday... Hooked the battery up started right up drove it over to Costco to get my tires rotated. But 30 min later they came out telling me they couldn't get my car to start... so i tried a few times and it did nothing... So we pushed it out of the bay and I messed around with some stuff, checked the battery terminals they were tight... Walked home to grab some stuff came back 20 min later put the key in, and it started right up... And it's been fine for for a week now, and today when I went to leave my friends house turned the key... nothing. radio works, dash lights up, air comes on just nothing happens as far as starting... Ive already tried changing the starter relay but it was fine. So my friend pulled my starter relay out and he made a connection from one port to the next, I had the key turned to the on position clutch pushed in... and when he made connection the car started turning over I gave it a little gas and the car started up... drove the car home... turned it off... tried it to see if it would start with the key again... nothing.
My security light is on, on the dashboard so I'm thinking its' something to do with the factory car alarm not allowing the car to start??? Has anyone found a fix for this?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Car still wont start this morning... anyone had this?
Old 05-13-2013, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Yes, it's your chip in the key not reading in the ignition. Had this happen 3 years ago and had to get two new keys and ignition installed at a Chevy dealer . Cost about 600 bucks but fixed the problem. The security light did the same thing to me also. I'm 99 % sure that's your problem.

Quick Reply: car wont start (again)