LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Air delete and tune out

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air delete and tune out

First off thanks for all the help guys!

I tuned out my air system a while back but as I was tearing it apart I started the car to make sure my plugs sealed well and they did, but I noticed my air pump was pumping air still?

I tuned out with tuner cats using the constants table was that right? How come its still running lol
Old 05-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Launching!

I'm not sure what values you put in the tables so can't help you there. But why haven't you just removed the AIR pump?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am removing the air pump and hoses/ hard lines I'm actually in the process of doing that right now. I tore the fittings out and plugged the holes before I put the car on wheel stands to get under it and remove the pump. When I started it I noticed the pump was still running.

I dident change any of the values I thought just turning it off in the constant table would have it off. Should I zero the values I just don't want the CEL to come on.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jrwilliams95z28
I am removing the air pump and hoses/ hard lines I'm actually in the process of doing that right now. I tore the fittings out and plugged the holes before I put the car on wheel stands to get under it and remove the pump. When I started it I noticed the pump was still running.

I dident change any of the values I thought just turning it off in the constant table would have it off. Should I zero the values I just don't want the CEL to come on.
Sorry, I misunderstood what you posted. I usually take it out there and set the parameters that activate whatever system I am deleting to values that the car will never experience. Be it MPH, or Coolant Temp or something else. Just to be sure.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok thanks bud that's what I wanted to know!

Quick Reply: Air delete and tune out