Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help testing PCM

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help testing PCM

So I have a strange issue that I've been dealing with from another thread and I'm to the point of needing to test the voltage out of the PCM. I've read this can be done via a more advanced scan tool than the one I have. I've also read that this can be done with a multimeter on individual wires or pins on the PCM. Is that accurate? If so how is this done?

I know some basic stuff but not a lot when it comes to electrical. I don't want to trash anything and am trying to avoid spending the 100-200 on a replacement PCM or worse if I fry something.

How to test an actual sensor / switch would be extremely helpful too. I'm just kind of getting started with mechanics (especially the elecrtrical side).

I'd like to figure out where it is and how to test the A/C pressure sensor / switch and how to test the fuel tank pressure sensor. I know where that one is and how to get at it just not how to test it. I believe i've narrowed my problem down to a few things just need some help with how to test things properly without blowing up parts on the car.

Last edited by iLLuSi0nz; 05-13-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone at least have a scan tool they recommend that isn't terribly difficult to operate / read? I have a generic one that just reads the codes but I may just go ahead and get a good one if I can afford it that gives all the important details. That would pretty much eliminate my need to test manually.

Quick Reply: Help testing PCM