What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

97 trans am convertible. fresh motor, tranny, and more

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 trans am convertible. fresh motor, tranny, and more

loaded 1997 trans am convertible LT1 with fresh motor and tranny rebuild 6247 miles ago at the date of this listing. Build approx 1 year old. Just turned 170,000 miles on odometer. Leather, power driver seat, PW, PD, CC, ac, posi traction w/ traction control. new top, paint is immaculant. Too much to list but I'll try my best.
ENGINE 97 LT1
Only thing used from stock motor was block, heads, intake manifold, and crankshaft. block was bored .30 over, proform brass freeze plugs, intake and heads were port matched and polished and fitted with 1.60 2.02 valves. Has comp cam 501 (07-501-8), eagle forged h-beam rods with arp bolts(crs5700B3D), SRP forged pistons(40F), ARP head bolts, from 1.5 stock rockers to Crane 1.6 gold roller rockers(10-1.60 A-12), beehive springs, comp cams molly pushrods(7940), camshaft driven waterpump replaced with progear roller timing chain with Mezeire HD electric water pump, MSD Billet optispark distributor, MSD coil, MSD 8.8 superconductor wires with over the valve kit, oversized injectors, edelbrock headers, powerforce SFI dampner, BBK power-plus throttle body, trick flow elbow, K&N cold air intake, New radiator and heater core, hoses.

TRANNY 4L60E
New pistons, heavy duty sun shell kit, servo piston, shift kit, shift solenoid, 13 vane rotor kit, bushing kit, boost valve kit, bands, powerband, extra wide monster 1st/ reverse kevlar band, hughes 2000 stall, TCI SFI flexplate, TCI 2 quart extra capacity alum. tranny pan, tranny cooler. Shift is very quick and firm, but not jerky. extreemly smooth shifts.

EXTRAS include new convertible top, padding and headliner with 5 year warranty($1500 top), new window motor, and fixed any broken plastics. back seat has been removed and fitted with custom downfiring box for two 12's by Tony (the audio expert) from FRP customs. The back part of the box that looks like the seat back is for enclosing and hiding the amplifier. I have the rear seats and can reinstall if the box isnt what you like. I have a a/c delete pully I'll include too if you desire to remove the a/c.

Solomon tuned
Old 05-14-2013, 12:16 PM

dont know how to add pics, so here is a link to the craigslist add. Do you guys think my price is too high for a fully built T/a with less than 10,000 miles? Not much bad about the car except sun visors need replaced and stiching started to pop in drivers seat. Leathers not torn, just the stiching. Blue book using odometer shows about $7000 in my area, but using accual motor, tranny, and top milage, shows $13,500. Money accually spent is far above that and of course, kelly blue book doesnt have a section for port and polish, forged parts, ect.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:03 PM

anyone want to give their 2 cents?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

The CL ad didn't come through so we don't know what you are asking. The news is not good though with all that $$ you have in the car. The bottom line is it is a '97 'vert with high mileage. Most, not all, people looking for such a car will not pay much for it. They will use the price guide books, period. If a price guide states $7,000 then many will not pay a dime more, no matter what has been done with it. The low mileage on the re-builds does not equate with an 'original' low mileage car that has 'premiums' attached to it. All you can do is try to get what you want but don't expect it if above 'book'. I'm sure the car is worth so much more but convincing a buyer to agree with that worth is very tough. Best of luck!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by NC01TA
The CL ad didn't come through so we don't know what you are asking. The news is not good though with all that $$ you have in the car. The bottom line is it is a '97 'vert with high mileage. Most, not all, people looking for such a car will not pay much for it. They will use the price guide books, period. If a price guide states $7,000 then many will not pay a dime more, no matter what has been done with it. The low mileage on the re-builds does not equate with an 'original' low mileage car that has 'premiums' attached to it. All you can do is try to get what you want but don't expect it if above 'book'. I'm sure the car is worth so much more but convincing a buyer to agree with that worth is very tough. Best of luck!
I appriciate your feedback. I'm in the process of trying to trade it straight across for a 96 or 97 dodge cummins pickup, and I think that may be my best bet as far as recovering as much of my losses as possible. Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: 97 trans am convertible. fresh motor, tranny, and more