LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

24x

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24x

hey out there im new to the site i seen a coment about the 24x system on the impala i instaled that and had a answer about the coils i mounted them on the wheel wells and it worked perfect but the problem im having is i changed it to ls ignition and now my timing is goin crazy at about 4500 rpms if anyone can help that would b great and i dont remember who was askin about the coil set up after registering so if anyone sees this this let him know it was on a 94 impala that was asking about it efi connections cant answer the prob so if anyone has had this isue please help u can also email to troyh123456@gmail.com i might not catch it on the forum im new to this thanks
Old 05-17-2013, 04:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96animal
hey out there im new to the site i seen a coment about the 24x system on the impala i instaled that and had a answer about the coils i mounted them on the wheel wells and it worked perfect but the problem im having is i changed it to ls ignition and now my timing is goin crazy at about 4500 rpms if anyone can help that would b great and i dont remember who was askin about the coil set up after registering so if anyone sees this this let him know it was on a 94 impala that was asking about it efi connections cant answer the prob so if anyone has had this isue please help u can also email to troyh123456@gmail.com i might not catch it on the forum im new to this thanks
If the timing is behaving properly below 4500 rpm, then I can see one of two things happening:
  • The crank reluctor is loose. Pull the crank sensor and try to wiggle the reluctor through the sensor hole. If there is any wiggle, then the crank hub is not tight against the reluctor. This would likely be the result of the use of an ATI crank bolt (that is too long).
  • A PCM tuning issue.

If it were in our shop, we would put an oscilloscope on the crank signal to watch for a good waveform through the rpm range. This would immediately reveal any problems with the crank signal.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

Sending PM

Quick Reply: 24x