LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Header choice

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header choice

OK. Which headers would you use?FLP, or Pacecetters?

I have both sets of ceramic coated headers. One set in my car, and the other in a car I am going to part out. Condition are equal. Would one of them be better than the other?

I will be doing a drivetrain swap from the parts car to my car, so both will be apart. The FLP had a catted y pipe and the Pacesetters have ory. I would like to add the cats, to help keep noise to a minimum, plus being emissions legal.

Thanks for the help. I am sure I will be back with more q's, since the parts car has a procharger on it. May want to do a few upgrades while it is apart.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

well if you want the catted y pipe and it fits the FLP headers i'd just run those and sell the pacesetters
Old 05-17-2013, 08:17 PM

I just had the pacesetters with ory installed yesterday and it is quieter than my manifolds were. we lol when we fired it up. the car came with a thrush muffler on it and I havent changed it yet.
so if the the noise is a big concern it may not be so bad.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Teching In

I had a set of FLP's on my 97. They tucked up close to the floor for ground clearance. The driver's side would hit the brace on the driver's side. I believe they redesigned the drivers side collector to angle down a little more to solve this issue. They plug access was horrible I would actually have to take the #8 cylinder spark plug apart to get it in. I would sell both and buy a set of Kooks. That is want I have now. Night and day difference on the clearance. After having to change my plugs a couple of times it was well worth the money to get the Kooks.

Derek

Quick Reply: Header choice