Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Fog light compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light compatibility

My fog lights stopped working on my 01 Camaro, so I decided to try and figure out was wrong. Long story short, I left the acces panel open, the wires for the part the bulb plugs into must have dragged on the ground and ripped off the receptacle for the bulb. It's damn near impossible to find something like this without finding a junker. The fog lights never worked since I bought this thing used, and I'd like to have them working.

I found a 97 being parted out by me, but not sure if it has he same connection for the bulb since they have different fog light systems... anybody know before I take the long trip out there? Anyone know of any other options on how to get this part? Chevy won't sell it most likely since this is probably a part of the wiring harness, and something I will have to cut off.

Hopefully I am explaining the part I need good enough. If not, I can explain better or take pics.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I think you can get that socket at AutoZone or Pep Boys.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I just checked the web sites for AutoZone and Pepboys but didn't get any hits.

However, I got a few hits on Amazon. You can get a pair for $8.

Either way, go to an Autozone or Pepboys and check in person. For example, I know they carry 9006 sockets in store, but I can't find them on their web sites.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I just ordered on Amazon. I would have never tracked this down without help. For anyone else who might need one of these or is wondering what the hell it is I'm talking about, here's a link:

Help 85855 Fog Lamp Socket Gm : Amazon.com : Automotive Help 85855 Fog Lamp Socket Gm : Amazon.com : Automotive

If that link is dead, do a Google search for Help 85855.

Thanks again for the info... hopefully this helps others.

Quick Reply: Fog light compatibility