Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painting Engine Bay cost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Engine Bay cost?

Anybody have their engine bay professionally painted? im tryna to get a ballpark # of what im looking at to get the engine bay repainted from white to flat black. im looking for good work, some place that offers lifetime warranties or has a solid rep, not some $200 maaco BS.

Lets assume im not pulling the engine out myself (i dont have a garage or place to do that anyway).

PS: if it makes any difference, i live in the south east, NC to be specific
Old 05-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Whiplash88
Anybody have their engine bay professionally painted? im tryna to get a ballpark # of what im looking at to get the engine bay repainted from white to flat black. im looking for good work, some place that offers lifetime warranties or has a solid rep, not some $200 maaco BS.

Lets assume im not pulling the engine out myself (i dont have a garage or place to do that anyway).

PS: if it makes any difference, i live in the south east, NC to be specific
I too live in NC, I am looking at having some rust bubble repaired and a lot of the places I have looked tend to be around the $500 a panel mark to repair and paint. So if you have to have your engine taken out in order for it to be painted it would probably be a bit more expensive lol. I would give Auto Arts Inc a call and see if they can give you a quote. There site is http://www.autoartsinc.com/
Old 05-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

If you are good with a rattle can you can get some great results that way. Not sure what you are going for though. If you are just looking to clean up the engine bay and not looking for show car quality, I would really consider doing it yourself.

Here is a pic of my engine bay. I removed almost everything I could, minus the A/C and the motor.

Name:  camaro1.jpg
Views: 10844
Size:  97.0 KB
Old 05-20-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

i just did my own and cost was about 200 for me to do it. paint, masking sanding, ect, and i work at maaco for a painter and u get what you pay for. dont except a 300 job turn into a 3000 job. if you pay for it it will turn out mint. at macco and if i had to guess to fully drop it off and pick it up would be easy 2k. if you pull the engine out and do a semi prep job about 1000.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I paid a shop $900 to professionally paint mine, which included changing a couple brackets, welding up some holes, and 2 stage factory matching Sebring Silver. It was worth it to me, came out amazing. However, that price is with the bay completely stripped down by myself, I can't imagine how high that price would be if you expect them to remove everything for you.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A professional painter locally here charges me $250 to paint the whole engine bay. Of course thats with nothing on the way such as cables and motor pulled out.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Teching In

$400-500 seems about right for a quality job with parts pulled
Old 06-09-2013, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

How did you get those results with rattle can? What products did you use?

Originally Posted by Camarokid327
If you are good with a rattle can you can get some great results that way. Not sure what you are going for though. If you are just looking to clean up the engine bay and not looking for show car quality, I would really consider doing it yourself.

Here is a pic of my engine bay. I removed almost everything I could, minus the A/C and the motor.

Quick Reply: Painting Engine Bay cost?