What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

01 Z28 Red

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Z28 Red

im going out on a whim here and I really love this car but Im buying a house and want to save money until i get settled in this new house. my ultimate plan is to continue saving for my next vehicle, im aiming for a C6Z. Ive always loved Vettes, I love the Z06+LS7 i think thats a better match than peanut butter and jelly. I want to take this car autocrossing/roadcourse so the independent rear suspension will be better and this car is built for cornering. and when im ready to purchase this Z i think the C7s will be out so maybe the prices will drop. (maybe this makes sense)

what im looking to sell is my 01 Z28 Camaro Hardtop with the 6speed 59k miles
328whp and 331wtq untuned
had the dealer when i bought it last year do a compression check and leak down test and it came back good (had random misfire code that didnt go away with plugs and wires but was solved with new injector seals never came back)
and grey cloth interior. interior is decent, slight tear in drivers seat and a the switches on the drivers side are hanging in the bezel (normal)
check engine light is on for the cats being removed
rear end makes the typical ratcheting (so ive heard)

it has the 17" ss 5 spokes (plastidipped so easily removable)
3.42 rear No TCS
new plugs/wires
serpentine belt/ac belt
Upgraded alternator (truck alternator NEW)

mods
SLP intake/bellow
PP TB all free mods as well
1 7/8" TSP LT
3" TSP rumbler true dual exhaust
projector headlights
tint35%
bilsteins
SFC (bolt on)
battery relocation
MTX-L wideband (a pillar)
Glowshift fuel pressure gauge (a pillar)

exterior paint is great, slight scratches on 1/4 near drivers side door. (previous owner must have been too lazy to continue to open the door fully) and the rear bumper has faded paint above where stock exhaust was. theres a couple dings one being by the gas door and a ding on the other side.
NO RUST

i put in a full system 12" sub in rear 2 amps and component speakers.
i have stock headers
stock spare tire kit
stock HU and AMP
Stock intake

also have moser 9inch HOUSING with backbrace welded in with and drain and fill plugs in with all the hardware that comes with the housing and 31 spline axles
also have 243 heads off z06 with 20k on them with upgraded springs (thats it)
also racetronix 42lb injectors

im just seeing what i could ask for it. RUNS GREAT

(before the battery relocate and mods)

let me know what you think

Last edited by sick_tight; 05-21-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 AM
TECH Regular

would i be able to grab 10k out of it?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:48 AM
12 Second Club

I dont see why not. Its low miles. Looks good. Id buy it if I wasnt so deep into mine
Old 05-21-2013, 08:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

$10,000 might be optimistic but you can certainly ask that to allow for negotiations. Too many negatives IMO for the $10k though, especially with the CEL and assorted cosmetic flaws you described. The mods also limit your buyer's market to a younger male demographic where cash is tough to come by. I wouldn't turn down $8,500 if it was offered to you, but that's your decision. If you do sell, GLWS!! Your description and details are excellent. You just need quality photos.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

maybe ill just get a mail order tune to get the AIR system delete and cat CEL tuned out and get some more ponies to sell it.

Quick Reply: 01 Z28 Red