New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECM confusion

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM confusion

Well im confused about the ECM and PCMs from Delphi and GM different makes. i have a specific question in mind. how do you tell if the ECM is from a camaro or truck/van/GTO/Ect..? I know they can have the same service number, like mine is 12200411, something sorta popular on this site. HWD # is 09386530. ive looked this HDW number up and it scared the crap outta me. it was advertised as a ECM for a 6.0 liter for 01 silverado... but the HDW number suggest it came from an S10... BUT... how does an S10 have red and blue connections? its marked red on one side then blue on the other.. as iv seen on here many have made it clear yhat red and blue is Fbody
Old 05-22-2013, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If a PCM has two 80 pin connectors one red one blue it can be programed to work in
F bodies 99-02, Vettes 99-03, S10 4.3L, C\K lSX trucks 99-02 and some early Duramaxes

9354896 is the other service number.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by sreve
If a PCM has two 80 pin connectors one red one blue it can be programed to work in
F bodies 99-02, Vettes 99-03, S10 4.3L, C\K lSX trucks 99-02 and some early Duramaxes

9354896 is the other service number.
Oh ok it has those. thank you, im a newb here and if you wouldnt mind letting me know whats the best OS system would be? im under the impression OS means O2 sensor for short. i have a maf module but what does the bars of em mean? you can have more than one maf sensor on these?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 78QuickSilverTruck
Oh ok it has those. thank you, im a newb here and if you wouldnt mind letting me know whats the best OS system would be? im under the impression OS means O2 sensor for short. i have a maf module but what does the bars of em mean? you can have more than one maf sensor on these?
OS is Operating System. You will have to use an operating system that will work for your application. You haven't given any information to recommend one.

For the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, pressure is measured in bars. 1 bar = astmospheric pressure.

MAF= Mass Air Flow it measures air flow.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bowtie316
OS is Operating System. You will have to use an operating system that will work for your application. You haven't given any information to recommend one.

For the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, pressure is measured in bars. 1 bar = astmospheric pressure.

MAF= Mass Air Flow it measures air flow.
thank you, i plan on turbo charging so that means more bars...
for right now the application is stock fuel injection, 01 LM7 5.3 liter. and later on ill turbocharge it. doing this on stock internals wouldnt be wise but has anyone done it?

Quick Reply: ECM confusion