General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

rear end clicks

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear end clicks

Hey guys, I'm new on here. I have a 2000 Camaro SS mostly stock. I am having some strange noises coming from the rear end. I just put on new rear pads as well as new pads and rotors on the front. What led me to replace the brakes was the pulsing from worn out rotor in the front, and also this clicking noise in the rear end which I thought could have been a worn out pad. This clicking noise is only when I am coming to a stop and when I have at least 50% pressure on the brakes and it comes with rotation of the wheels. My thought is that it could be a bad bearing somewhere. Is there any chance something else is wrong in the rear axle causing this noise? I don't understand why it would only happen when I brake. I have checked the pads, calipers and all other brake components and they all seem perfect. I'm not that much of a motor head so any help is appreciated.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Loose tq arm possibly I get a click and a small clunk when I stop jack it up and try wiggling it and if it has any play that is wat it is
Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Is the sound there when you stop while moving in reverse?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Mine is

Quick Reply: rear end clicks