Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust leak question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 08:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust leak question.

Can electric cutouts that are 1. Not wired up and 2. one is missing a motor make a sound similiar to an exhaust leak? I can hear a leaking sound ever since i put headers and a ypipe on my car. BUT we cant find a leak anywhere around the manifold, if it was leaking would it have burned up a valve in a few thousand miles? Thanks guys.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get down there while it is running and see if they are in fact leaking, and there is no way that would cause a burned valve. It is to far down the exhaust stream for anything like a burned valve to be a problem.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000PewterT/A
Get down there while it is running and see if they are in fact leaking, and there is no way that would cause a burned valve. It is to far down the exhaust stream for anything like a burned valve to be a problem.
They do leak, for sure but would it be loud enough to sound like a ticking that a manifold leak would sound like? And i meant if it is infact leaking at the manifold( even though we have listened and checked and looked at the tables) will it burn up a valve quickly?

Quick Reply: Exhaust leak question.