Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Question? Flowmaster 1 Chambers Directly Off TSP 1 7/8 Header Collector

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question? Flowmaster 1 Chambers Directly Off TSP 1 7/8 Header Collector

Big weekend wrenching planned as I need to drive to southern California for my cousin's wedding Sunday so I decided I will use the opportunity of a proper garage and tools at my parents (my car is parked outside here at med school). The original plan was to install TSP 1 7/8" headers, stainless true duals, flowmaster one chambers dumped in front of rear axle, and do the poly mounts and spark plugs while I am in there. Unfortunately I found out today that the true dual setup (eBay stainless duals, would have gone TSP but it is out of stock) is not going to make it in time. As the trip is planned and I will have the time and the tools I would like to go ahead with the headers and mounts install and run the mufflers straight off the collectors.

This will only be temporary to get me around on Sunday for the wedding and to make the 400 mile trip back up to the Bay Area. I have pored over all the posts and pictures of the TSP dual setups and I can tell that the headers do not point straight back and that there are some lines close to where the mufflers would be. I have no problem doing BFH on the floorboards if that will help them fit. I have also read about O2 sensor problems, etc. with open headers and some even say if I have less than 30" of muffler/pipe behind the header. What do you guys think can I just slap the one chambers on the collectors (fit?) for 500 miles of driving (engine and o2 sensor health?) until I get my duals in and can get to a shop to have the true duals installed ? Not concerned about the sound.

Last edited by orthopod; 05-22-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Launching!

anyone done this or think there is room down there to do it without any extra pipes just a band clamp to the Flowmaster super 10?
Old 05-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Launching!

I will add some pictures tomorrow but basically the driver side muffler went on with a 13 inch length of 3 inch diameter pipe in between with the forward edge cut at a slight angle to angle the entire pipe downwards. Kept the pipe and the muffler very close to the body with great ground clearance. The passenger side can be bolted right on which I did for a couple days and then added a short length of pipe to bring it back a touch more. This is only temporary until I get my x pipe and true duals on.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it would fit just fine. You may have to "massage" the floor pannels a bit, but I bet it would sound great.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question? Flowmaster 1 Chambers Directly Off TSP 1 7/8 Header Collector