Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Please Help!!! Shifter won't slide into reverse & parking brake dash light stays on

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Please Help!!! Shifter won't slide into reverse & parking brake dash light stays on

I'm having an issue in my '00 C5, shifter will not slide into reverse/lockout solenoid stuck. I removed the trans to replace worn out reverse parts (reverse syncho, blocker ring and gear were bad) and installed a new reverse lock solenoid. At the same time, I replaced the front wheel hub assemblies, all four brake rotors & pads and installed steel braided brake lines. Bleed the brakes thoroughly. When all was finished and ready for a test drive, I reversed out of the garage just fine. While on a short 8 mile test drive I noticed the parking brake light in the dash stayed on and the speedometer was not working. Back in the garage I noticed the speedo sensor connector on the diff was unplugged. I plugged it in and was going to take it out again, but now the shifter will not slide over into the reverse gate and the parking brake dash light will not turn off still with ignition on and/or the car running. Checked the parking brake assembly and little blue connector (all looks good) and under the car I checked all the connectors from the black harness running along the torque tube which were disconnected during rearend removal (reverse lockout & one on each side of trans, speedo sensor on the diff, each one to the rear brakes, fuel pump ground, and one on rear passenger side framerail).

What in the world could've caused the reverse lockout to stay stuck all of a sudden? It is a brand new part.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2000 did the same just means you have to replace the shifter and my light does the same so I need help on that also

Quick Reply: Please Help!!! Shifter won't slide into reverse & parking brake dash light stays on