Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

3 Photos of My Trans Am - Post Engine Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 3 Photos of My Trans Am - Post Engine Rebuild

I took these shots in my work lot today. Nikon D2x, Nikkor 70-300 VRII, handheld:

Old 05-23-2013, 12:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

nice shots! impressively sharp for being shot handheld at the long focal lengths paired with slow shutter speeds.

damn good looking bird too. Looks like a very well kept car! wish my bumper/headlights/hood lined up that well
Old 05-23-2013, 12:52 AM
Teching In

sick t/a bro

just missing the drop springs front and back and perfect. I have the same car/same wheels but lowered lol
Old 05-23-2013, 02:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Great pics!

Originally Posted by RoadkillTransAm
sick t/a bro

just missing the drop springs front and back and perfect. I have the same car/same wheels but lowered lol
It looks lowered to me. Not everyone likes their car slammed to the ground.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i had to guess, id say its stock height. But car looks awesome either way! WHat size tires do you have in the rear?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys! The hood, though on the car when I purchased it, is aftermarket. It's a bit higher than my '01's OE WS6 hood. It is functional.

I measured side-skirt heights against my buddies '98 TA to check if it was lowered. The fronts are at the same height, the rear is 1" lower. I do have a sub box with amp and dual 8's, which weighs a bit. I assume that is causing the rear sag.

The rear tires are 315/35R17 Nitto's.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HibachiZ28
Thanks guys! The hood, though on the car when I purchased it, is aftermarket. It's a bit higher than my '01's OE WS6 hood. It is functional.

I measured side-skirt heights against my buddies '98 TA to check if it was lowered. The fronts are at the same height, the rear is 1" lower. I do have a sub box with amp and dual 8's, which weighs a bit. I assume that is causing the rear sag.

The rear tires are 315/35R17 Nitto's.
Darn dude I didn't know you posted in this sub forum too. I troll on this one as well as the Appearance & Detailing subsection. Wow what a difference a nice bath make, and the weels look tons better in those shots then they did a couple of days ago. Bet you elbow is tired

Great Pics! We got to get both of ours clean up at the same time and take a couple! My bigger question is who is taking the pics when we go down to the track in a couple of weeks.... Does that awesome camera do vids do?

Shame for the rain tonight, oh well just gives you another reason to wash it. Its been a long time coming. And for anyone who doesn't know this car has been sick and off the road from last summer to this last past Sunday.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When do you want to get some contrast shots with a white one?! lol
Old 05-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RikkiTorment
When do you want to get some contrast shots with a white one?! lol
Very soon!! I love that ceta mod that you did to your Trans Am, or did it come that way?

Rick and I are talking about going to the track soon. You need to find a day off. Hey is that Wawa's Parking lot? lol
Old 05-24-2013, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve83ta
Very soon!! I love that ceta mod that you did to your Trans Am, or did it come that way?

Rick and I are talking about going to the track soon. You need to find a day off. Hey is that Wawa's Parking lot? lol
Previous owner had it done, the car also came with HP Racing HPR5's that were beat to **** so I replaced them with VMR VB3's. I'd love to go, but I won't be running my car. I can't afford if something were to go wrong with it being my daily lol If I get this job I applied for I will have some more money to play, but I'll probably save up for a 12-bolt or a 9" and a nice drive shaft first, next comes the heads and cam lol
Old 05-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RikkiTorment
Previous owner had it done, the car also came with HP Racing HPR5's that were beat to **** so I replaced them with VMR VB3's. I'd love to go, but I won't be running my car. I can't afford if something were to go wrong with it being my daily lol If I get this job I applied for I will have some more money to play, but I'll probably save up for a 12-bolt or a 9" and a nice drive shaft first, next comes the heads and cam lol
As for worring about your car. There is nothing to worry about, I think when we decide to go you sohold go too. Rick wants to race me heads up and same with me, and I would love to race you after your mods you have done.

Hell Ill race your car if your too scard
Pics that Rick shot looked amazing, although I called bs and slightphotoshop on this front bumper After leaning over his car I know what its supposd to look like. lol

My car cleaned...
Washed polished, shot with a normal Kodac Camera 6mp, nothing special...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Yet another....
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
And what my Shitty
rear end look liked before I redid the pipes. Still have the flow master but I put dual out pics from a Vette on the end. It fills it out so much better. Ill edit this post tomorrow with what my rear looks like now. This is a bad pic.

Like said you don't have much to worry about. Your not pushing to much power yet. If your to scared Ill take it down the track, but I think it would be cool for all 3 of us to meet up there, and have a mini fbody soot out!

Steve.

PS whats the point of all the go fast goddies if your not going to test them out where is legal

Last edited by Steve83ta; 05-27-2013 at 02:47 AM. Reason: edit
Old 05-26-2013, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Very nice. I really wish I could get that third brake light for mine though
Old 05-27-2013, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Very nice. I really wish I could get that third brake light for mine though
Oh you have the low spoiler with the short 3rd brake light on yours down you. I was never a big fan of that.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve83ta
Oh you have the low spoiler with the short 3rd brake light on yours down you. I was never a big fan of that.
Nah, mine has the regular high rise Trans Am wing. From what I've read, the company that makes the high rise LED 3rd brake like the OP has, only makes them at random and sells out quickly. I need to stumble upon one...
Old 05-27-2013, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nah, mine has the regular high rise Trans Am wing. From what I've read, the company that makes the high rise LED 3rd brake like the OP has, only makes them at random and sells out quickly. I need to stumble upon one...
Yah I was reading the LED tail post here a couple years ago and picked one up. I've heard they are a pain to acquire like you said. At least this brand, which works great!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Great pics and beautiful car!

The rectangular hood cutouts sure do look strange IMO
Old 05-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Oh I know which one you mean, Rick has one

Quick Reply: 3 Photos of My Trans Am - Post Engine Rebuild