Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 head and cam swap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A4 head and cam swap?

About to start the install part of the head and cam swap and wanted to know if there is anything I should know about doing it in an A4. I've read everything on ls1howto.com and what not but from some experience there is always something they don't tell you and was just wondering if anyone has run into something on a A4 install that isn't usually mentioned? Just wanted to here an problems and solutions for stuff you guys have run into.
Thanks. I'll post anything I run into that isn't mentioned as well. Unless I blow up the engine, then I'm buying Yugo and driving off a cliff! Also I'm no mechanic so if something seems obvious, It isn't!

Old 04-25-2004, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HAMRHEAD
About to start the install part of the head and cam swap and wanted to know if there is anything I should know about doing it in an A4. I've read everything on ls1howto.com and what not but from some experience there is always something they don't tell you and was just wondering if anyone has run into something on a A4 install that isn't usually mentioned? Just wanted to here an problems and solutions for stuff you guys have run into.
Thanks. I'll post anything I run into that isn't mentioned as well. Unless I blow up the engine, then I'm buying Yugo and driving off a cliff! Also I'm no mechanic so if something seems obvious, It isn't!

only thing i can think of is that you will have to hold your flexplate while taking off/putting on the crank pulley...
Old 04-26-2004, 01:00 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah I'm hoping that will be the only thing I run into.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HAMRHEAD
Yeah I'm hoping that will be the only thing I run into.
On the right hand head at the very back down low the trans dipstick tube is attached. It's a 15mm headed bolt just like the ground wire bolts on the left hand head. So on the back you'll have 2 ground wire bolts on the LH head and 1 bolt for the wire harness clamp and 1 bolt for the trans dipstick tube on the RH head.
That and the tube itself makes getting the intake off just a little bit harder.