Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New transmission has low pressure.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New transmission has low pressure.

Just swapped in a 4l80e into my truck that used to be t56. The 4l80e was rebuilt by my automotive buddy and I with a Jakes stage 2 kit. Fluid level seems correct. Put it into drive or reverse and you feel a nice firm shift and let off the brake and itll start to creep forward but give it any gas and itll stop moving and slip. Get codes

P0961 - Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid A System Performance (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] P2764 - Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Low (Immature)

The po961 actually seems to have gone away but the p2764 is still there.

What could be the cause of this? I have a Circle D convertor and its set with an intial gap of 1/8" between convertor and flexplate.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like you have a hydraulic leak somewhere. Have you checked the line pressure?

You say it "stops moving and slips"... When you give it gas it actually disengages and stops? Or is it just easy to overpower the clutches and it slips but continues to move under its own power...?

If the latter is the case, you could have a leak in the torque signal circuit and are not getting any line pressure rise.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't disengage just overpowering the clutches. You can hear a whirring sound. Its like it has enough pressure to let it crawl on its own but as soon as you raise the rpm it just slips and doesn't move.

Quick Reply: New transmission has low pressure.