Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch bleeding issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch bleeding issues

i just finished putting a ls7 clutch with all new hydraulics in my 99 ss. i got a tick adjustible master and a gm slave. i have ben trying for the last 2 days to bleed the system. i have tried traditional bleeding, vacuum bleeding and reverse vacuum bleeding. right now the pedal is on the floor and pulls itself back right away iff i pull it back up. i am using the remote bleeder and right now it is hanging under the car on a hoist with te bleeder open and i am not getting any fluid out even if i pump it. i have no idea what is going on and any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

keep pumping that pedal eventually it will get hard try pumping it without letting it goto the bottom do it with your hand
Old 10-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Launching!

you might need to bleed just the master first, try disconnecting the quick connect line at the trans and depress the little plunger at the end until fluid comes out. then with the line disconnected still see if the clutch pedal is solid by using your hand(do not use your foot as too much force could damage the quick connect fitting valve). If the pedal seems stiff reconnect your line and try to bleed the clutch with the speed bleeder up higher then the reservoir to push all the air out the top.

Quick Reply: clutch bleeding issues