Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Major electrical problem need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Major electrical problem need help!!

alright so this all started after i destroyed my drivetrain with my turbo but now my car has turned into a electrical nightmare.

if the car is running and i so much honk the horn the motor will shut off

when i switch my headlights on the high beams come on with the low beams but on my passenger side its weak and dim.

if i flash my high beams sometimes the car will die

i have no clue the extent of working on the electrical system was tapping into the fuel pump with the harness STS provided but after removal of the kit it works no problem except when above mentioned actions.

what could be the problem? a bad ground? perhap maybe some wired melted and fused with another? i checked every relay to ensure proper functionality, double checked every fuse.

what all would i need to replace everything? i'm swapping the H/C/I soon and would like to fix every electrical problem i have
Old 05-27-2013, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z28Dave
alright so this all started after i destroyed my drivetrain with my turbo but now my car has turned into a electrical nightmare.

if the car is running and i so much honk the horn the motor will shut off

when i switch my headlights on the high beams come on with the low beams but on my passenger side its weak and dim.

if i flash my high beams sometimes the car will die

i have no clue the extent of working on the electrical system was tapping into the fuel pump with the harness STS provided but after removal of the kit it works no problem except when above mentioned actions.

what could be the problem? a bad ground? perhap maybe some wired melted and fused with another? i checked every relay to ensure proper functionality, double checked every fuse.

what all would i need to replace everything? i'm swapping the H/C/I soon and would like to fix every electrical problem i have

*DISCLAIMER*
I have no ******* clue what I am talking about.

Id check grounds under the hood. I know a few people including me who have had all sorts of stupid electrical issues and it ended up being a ground under the hood. where it be PCM or body to engine.

Thats all I got brah.

Quick Reply: Major electrical problem need help!!