Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Jegs Hobbs switch wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jegs Hobbs switch wiring

Looking for some input on this hobbs switch and how to wire. I already have the relay, just looking for how to wire it in. I can do either + or - trigger on the relay.

Here is the diagram from the package.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what is this being used for?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Id like to try and use a hobbs switch for an over boost problem...
Old 05-29-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BMF_Racing
what is this being used for?
Activate an external fuel pump at 5 lbs of boost.

Originally Posted by turbocamaro125
Id like to try and use a hobbs switch for an over boost problem...
???
Old 05-29-2013, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by b16gsr
Activate an external fuel pump at 5 lbs of boost.
Ok, I would wire it Normally Open using neg ground on the common screw of the hobbs switch and then the "NO" on the hobbs switch would go to the negative posistion on the signal wire for the relay.

To set the hobbs switch I regulate my shop air pressure down to the desired PSI (5psi here) and adjust the allen screw on the hobbs switch that way using a multi meter to set the on/off of the hobbs switch.

Hope that jibberish makes sense.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

I'd text ya but my phone died lol. I have mine setup on the negative wire on the relay so when the hobb switch activates it grounds out the relay/relays. I would get it as close to 1psi as possible. 5# can show a fuel spike in your fuel maps when trying to tune the car. What I did was blew into the line that runs from my vaccum source to the hobb switch with my mouth. Just a lite blow of air in the line to where to hobb switch activates the secodary fuel pump is what you want. There should be a rubber cap on top of the hobb switch that you remove and there should be a allen headed bolt that you can screw in and out to adjust the pressure it activates. Its spring loaded so the more you back the bolt out the lower the pressure it activates on. Good luck
Old 05-31-2013, 05:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BMF_Racing
Ok, I would wire it Normally Open using neg ground on the common screw of the hobbs switch and then the "NO" on the hobbs switch would go to the negative posistion on the signal wire for the relay.

To set the hobbs switch I regulate my shop air pressure down to the desired PSI (5psi here) and adjust the allen screw on the hobbs switch that way using a multi meter to set the on/off of the hobbs switch.

Hope that jibberish makes sense.
Sure does, thank you.

Originally Posted by 1BADAZZSS
I'd text ya but my phone died lol. I have mine setup on the negative wire on the relay so when the hobb switch activates it grounds out the relay/relays. I would get it as close to 1psi as possible. 5# can show a fuel spike in your fuel maps when trying to tune the car. What I did was blew into the line that runs from my vaccum source to the hobb switch with my mouth. Just a lite blow of air in the line to where to hobb switch activates the secodary fuel pump is what you want. There should be a rubber cap on top of the hobb switch that you remove and there should be a allen headed bolt that you can screw in and out to adjust the pressure it activates. Its spring loaded so the more you back the bolt out the lower the pressure it activates on. Good luck
Perfect thank you.

Quick Reply: Jegs Hobbs switch wiring