General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

please help random misfire

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help random misfire

So I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Lately out of the blue I'll get a random misfire for bout 30 seconds to a minute. Wandering if maybe any of you could point me in the right direction.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

New plugs, wires, fuel filter, clean the MAF. Might just need a fresh tune up if you haven't recently.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1_johns
So I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Lately out of the blue I'll get a random misfire for bout 30 seconds to a minute. Wandering if maybe any of you could point me in the right direction.
check all basics like major tune up.

after that look at grounds and relays.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1_johns
I think you should do NOTHING.....until you go to a mechanic or race shop if there's one around you and get the engine scanned while its running.

See how the 02 sensors are switching with the engine running. A OBDII scanner. Not a code reader scanner.

I think you may have an 02 sensor starting to fail.

Most shops around here scan for free, even my dealership scans for free. Is worth it.

If it were any of your hardware parts like plugs, wires, coils, pcm, ground wires, etc. that have gone bad it wouldn't just come and go for 30-60 seconds at a time. It would stay and misfire and run shitty 100% of the time. 02 sensors DO however switch continuously while they are operating and when they fail or start to fail they cause intermittent GOOD and BAD running engines........

Old 06-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Launching!

anything found further here?

Quick Reply: please help random misfire